• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Black screen on new game start

Kawab

Landlubber
Okay, so I've looked at a few of the similar topics, but they don't help. I'll get straight to the point ;)

I load the game with no problem. I start a new game, hit start and wait for it to load. It then sends me back to the main menu. I click "resume" and all it takes me to is a black screen with the character icon in the top left, and the date and time at the top. I have an AMD graphics card (so it's not an Intel problem) and my operating system is Windows 8. I would attach a picture, but it only shows a portion of the screen - not full screen. (It doesn't even show the black actually.) I've attached the log files (I had an error log yesterday but it's not there today?!), and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• system.log
    12.9 KB · Views: 77
  • compile.log
    4.2 KB · Views: 84
This is a MOD to POTC, not a game. You have a ton of missing files, indicating that you did not install it to your POTC folder.

Man, now I feel stupid! I don't think I read the installation instructions properly on the FAQ. It looks like it's installing properly now. Thanks! :D

EDIT: Yeah, I didn't install it properly. Thanks alot :D

Last edited:
Back