• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

block and tackle

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
This is something I have been wanting for some time but never asked for before. Pullies or block and tackle, or whatever their maritime name is.
Many ships used pullies on their rigging as a force multiplier but there is currently no way to show them except as two parallel lines going from point A to point B. I have done that on some ships, but would like to put a pully there.

Would anyone be interested in making a small generic pulley with the sized so that the ropes are 0.1 m apart? :oops:
Here is a screenie showing some. The smallest ones still might be a bit big.
Pullies.jpg

Will this do the trick?

Attachments

• Pulley1.7z
    1.2 KB · Views: 99
There's a bit missing in the coded lines for the blocks. I'll post pictures after next Saturday.

Are you referring to the model I uploaded? It may look big in GM Viewer, but it's only 0.1 metres in diameter, which when seen in-game would be tiny.
I can't really add any more detail to it, since it's meant to be a 'generic' model that can be used anywhere, regardless of where the rope locators attach to it.
Note that Hylie can't rotate the model in any way when attaching it using TOOL, either.

The best way to do this kind of thing is to use a proper modelling program, of course.

No, I mean the lines coded into the game. It can definitely be fixed, but it will be more trouble to explain then it's worth. It's pretty imperative to the function of the block and tackle, and it involves adding one or two more lines.

It will be a while before I can do anything with this as that POTC install has died. Old games crash and can't start a new game. :rumgone

Nope. Will try that soon.

Fast tracked the new install and got a ship to work on, RevengeW. The pulley is not showing up in game.

EDIT: Deleted options and could start a new game. Could not do that last nite. Thanks for the reminder Pieter. :thumbs1

OK, that's odd. Perhaps the model is so tiny that weird things start to happen (it displays differently in GM Viewer, for starters).
If that's the case, the only real way to set up proper block and tackle arrangements will be with a modelling program.

That may be. There is no grid to locate it with in GMViewer, ie. it has no center.

Would a pulley work if it was 0.2 m in diameter? That is approx. the diameter of the end of the yards on most ships.

Just tried exporting it with that diameter, but it displays the same in GM Viewer as the first attempt, so I would assume it wouldn't work in-game.

Back