• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Boarders models problem

Center1916Legia

Landlubber
Hi, I have a problem. In previous versions off Build Mod I could change the Boarders models. Now I'm using Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 7 and unfortunately I do not see anywhere this option. In this version I can somehow change it?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English I'm from Poland :onya

:gday

The boarder model can still be changed. The location where you make that change has been moved. Go to POTC-->PROGRAM-->internalsettings.h. You will be able to make your changes there.

We moved the option because the code doesn't quite work right, so we deliberately hid it to prevent accidental problems with it. :facepalm

What changes can be made to the boarders models? Just curious, that sounded interesting. Do we need to add mod files or are the optional files already in the build?

The code for it is in PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h:
Code:
#define BOARDERMODEL2				"blackman"	// STRING - additional modeloptions, take effect only if BOARDERMODEL is not "" or one of the groupnames
#define BOARDERMODEL3				"killer"	// STRING - ditto
#define BOARDERMODEL4				"will"		// STRING - ditto

// KK -->
// Models for Nathaniel's boarders.
// These are filenames from resource\models\characters but with extra character at the end describing whether they are
// men ("M"), ladies ("W") or skeletons ("S"). Empty string ("") gets stock default.

#define BOARDERMODEL 				"standard"	// Outfit for your boarders, insert one of these groups (Don't change spelling or the "" !): 
// "marine", "corsair", "masked", "skeleton", "girl", "soldier" (soldiers of current flag),
// "boarder" (Nathaniel's soldiers); default: "standard"

#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_0			"33_TG5DW"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_1			"33_Piratess10W"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_2			"Skel3S"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_3			"towngirl1W"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_4			"Will_2M"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_5			""
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_6			"towngirl7W"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_7			"Corsair1_4M"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_8			"50_IndiaW"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_9			"black_corsairM"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_10		"black_corsairM"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_11		"black_corsairM"

#define BOARDER_INDEX				-1			// INT - range= -1,100 , Select model for Nathaniel boarders.
// -1: random (generates different sets for every deck; works also for remaining groups),
// 0: sequential (NATHANIEL_BOARDER_1 to NATHANIEL_BOARDER_5; works also for remaining groups),
// 1-99: one selected model for all boarders (works also for remaining groups in range from 1 to 99),
// 100: sequential (NATHANIEL_BOARDER_6 to NATHANIEL_BOARDER_10; for remaining groups identical to 0).
// <-- KK
Note that not everything of this works properly, which is why we took it out of the ingame Options>Advanced Options menu. You can see where you get with it though. :doff

wow, excellent, i will give that a try to see what happens. Thanks for the code. that is excellent to be able to see. Helps to understand the engine.

ahoy, im trying making my own boarding crew because i want to use these models:

"Offic_per"
"Soldier_Per1"
"Soldier_Per2"
("Soldier_Per3")
"Soldier_Per4"
"Soldier_Per5"
("Soldier_Per6")

i dont know what they are meant for, cause it says "PERSONAL_NATION" in initmodel.c and they look like a good crew but found nowhere how to activate them as own crew

i changed only these line to this:

#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_1 "Offic_per"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_2 "Soldier_Per1"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_3 "Soldier_Per2"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_4 "Soldier_Per4"
#define NATHANIEL_BOARDER_5 "Soldier_Per5"

and:

#define BOARDER_INDEX 0

tried a saved game and pressed f11, but no change during boarding, always the BOARDERMODEL crew :-/ need a new start ? EDIT: nevermind, i had to start a new game and i saw that it uses other slot too

Back