• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Boarding CTD

ContraProductive

Powder Monkey
"Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons has stopped working" crash after succesfull boarding.
i gave the other ship an officer, enough crew, removed all goods except some food and rum.
by pressing esc to close the boarding window (swap ships, assign officer, transfer goods) the game crashed.

I dont want to spam the forum.. i just think this might help. the log file even created something (useful?)
"RUNTIME ERROR - file: sea_ai\AIShip.c; line: 5413
function 'SwapCabinChests' stack error"

all log files are uploaded
ill try the same exact thing. brb

ah and build is
Build Version: Sunday 21 September 2014
Build 14 Beta 3.3 WIP 5

Attachments

• error logs for crash.rar
    7.2 KB · Views: 120
hmm i have a savegame 2 minutes before boarding. i tried again and it crashed before i even got to the window where i can assign officers.

Game did not create an errorlog
here is the savegame and the new 2 other logs if you want to do your magic

Attachments

• Fluch der Karibik.rar
    2.1 KB · Views: 120
  • -=K66le=- Open Sea April 15th, 1751.rar
    639.4 KB · Views: 110
That crash used to happen a lot but is kinda rare now. It almost never happens to me anymore. Hopefully there is a clue in the logs.

Well, it crashed for me too. Maybe that tiny tartane isn't meant to be boarded. I boarded her and won the deck fight, then the game tried to board again and crashed.

The Centurion turned out to be a pretty ship.

So do I, in Beta 3.0 and Beta 3.1 - less so in Beta 3.2, and I don't know about Beta 3.3 because I'm playing the "Woodes Rogers" storyline and haven't done much boarding. But my crashes are during boarding, shortly after I've either exchanged goods with one of my officers, opened a chest or looted a corpse. If I get as far as assigning a captain and moving crew and cargo around, it's fine (except for certain ships of significance in quests). Sometimes I get away with looting everything, which is why I never buy weapons or medical supplies.

I used to get ctds when looting corpses, but that was fixed. Since then I get them after it is all done and I'm sailing away, so I now save as soon as the baording and capture is done but before I sail away. But even ctds there are very rare now.

I used to get ctds when looting corpses, but that was fixed. Since then I get them after it is all done and I'm sailing away, so I now save as soon as the baording and capture is done but before I sail away. But even ctds there are very rare now.

i would say 5-10% of my boardings end in CTDs. they are espacially annoying because you cant save when trying to capture 3 ships in a row

i would say 5-10% of my boardings end in CTDs. they are espacially annoying because you cant save when trying to capture 3 ships in a row

Used to have that problem myself , if you have sidestep enabled disable it , take boardings at a normal pace dont try to rush to the next area give it a few seconds then activate for the next area and lastly loot your first ship any more ships than that loot at your own risk ie ignore corpses and containers on the following ships.

Last edited:
does it help when i upload the log files after every boarding CTD?

Used to have that problem myself , if you have sidestep (1) enabled disable it , take boardings at a normal pace (2) dont try to rush to the next area give it a few seconds then activate for the next area and lastly loot your first ship any more ships than that loot at your own risk ie ignore corpses and containers on the (3) following ships.

(1) Sidestep is disabled
(2) hmm didnt do that this time
(3) ha. that requires not getting a CTD on your first boarding :D. and no, i dont loot anymore except cargo

->(2) doesnt make much sense for me, but ill try that

Attachments

• Fluch der Karibik.rar
    10 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Back