• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Boarding Issues

Brilliant, thanks! :woot

The boarding music is quite action-packed, isn't it? Wouldn't it be weird to have that play after the deck has cleared?

I wonder why that "abordagesound" code is in ransack_main.c at all. I don't think I heard that sound playing there anymore at all.
And we don't need it; the fighting has already ended. :shrug

As for music or not, personally I don't mind a bit of music. But then I always turn the volume of the music to 0 so I can have Windows Media Player play my own stuff in the background. :facepalm

I'm thinking that even though the deck has been cleared there is still a battle going on. Sure, there are no enemies in the immediate vicinity, but they are still close by on another deck. Seems more weird to me to have the more calm sailing music play then.

I prefer to not have any music in the ransack interface, but that's just me. :) What do others think?

I've added all your code changes in the Beta 2.5 Internal Release in any case, so we'll see what people think. :doff

I'm thinking that even though the deck has been cleared there is still a battle going on. Sure, there are no enemies in the immediate vicinity, but they are still close by on another deck. Seems more weird to me to have the more calm sailing music play then.

I prefer to not have any music in the ransack interface, but that's just me. :) What do others think?

Good point about the continuing battles on different decks; that would be a good reason to have more tense music playing.

Personally I like having the calm music play in the ransack interface, but that's probably because I'm so used to hearing noise there, thanks to the boarding sounds that have erroneously been played in that interface for so long.

BTW, I realised why the music played when returning to sea after boarding was wrong in my game the other day; the last enemy had surrendered (music became calm) before I boarded, and then the wrong (battle) music resumed afterwards. I replicated this yesterday, though haven't had a chance to try it in Beta 2.5 yet.

BTW, I realised why the music played when returning to sea after boarding was wrong in my game the other day; the last enemy had surrendered (music became calm) before I boarded, and then the wrong (battle) music resumed afterwards. I replicated this yesterday, though haven't had a chance to try it in Beta 2.5 yet.
That could explain it. It's set to always play battle music after boarding, but change to sailing music when the victory sound is played. I haven't tried, but I guess that when the last enemy surrenders the victory sound is played and sailing music begins playing. When returning from having boarded the surrendered enemy battle music would begin playing but this time there would be no victory sound. I'm not sure how it could be fixed.

I'm not sure, but it might be as easy as this. :D

Attachments

• AIShip.c
    204.7 KB · Views: 141
Back