• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Breakdown of Skills and Ship Rating Requirements

Westley

Landlubber
Hello All!

I have been absent for a long while now, but I am always glad to come back. Not to mention it looks like I'm in time for a new release! Fantastic work, everyone. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all you have done to make PotC even better than the game it should have been (i.e. Sea Dogs II).

On to the question! I was wondering if it might be possible to see a breakdown of what Character/Skill Levels are needed to advance our ability to captain each rating of ships. I apologize if this is already listed somewhere. I've tried looking for an answer in the documentation, wiki and forums, but to no avail.

Thank you!

You need leadership and sailing. There's a bug though that causes the interface to claim you can never command anything above class 3 though. :facepalm

The skill ratings needed to advance as a Captain are highly variable. For instance if you are a 3-3 for leadership and sailing you aren't going to get a good ship.

But if you hire an officer with high leadership and another with high sailing skills they will pump you up from level 6 to maybe level 4.

There are also certain items you can buy that will pump up your rating. And there are also teachers wandering around that will raise your skills too.

And then there is rank. You can have good skills but with a low naval rank you will not get good ships. After you attain a certain rank you will be given a reward
ship and those can be pretty nice, like the French will give you a class 3 ship with 74 guns.
thpirateshipff.gif

Thank you both. I was curious because I'm now level 17 and I'm still stuck with a 7-Rater. I'll be fighting a few storms in the near future and talking to as many people as I can to boost Sailing and Leadership.

you might as well look up Advanced Options and turn somes crew loose there, oy.

The world is a roistering shoal of tune fisheees.

Innit?

In an few weeks you'll have so many points for officers, i for one don't know where to allot them. Always carry a dodgy dinghy with us. A quick strand-hopper from Nevis official port to pirate-bay so to say. We's too sloppy for jungle-life. Ciao-eeh.

Back