• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bugfixes from the Buildmod standalone?

Julia

Landlubber
hello build mod insiders,

i have two little questions:

1.) does the buildmod fix many bugs from the original game?

1.) is it possible to get these (a few) fixes alone without the whole mod? (whitch files should i copy from the buildmod in to the gamefolder)

sorry for my bad english :)

1) Yes, the Build Mod fixes many things from the original game, as well as greatly improving many aspects.

2) I guess that depends what you want to fix. I think the original mod versions before Build 13 were mainly focussed on bug-fixing, but since then we've also added a lot of new features as well.
Is there any particular reason why you don't want to install the full mod? I would recommend Build 13 if you just want an improved version of the original game without our latest additions.

P.S. Nothing wrong with your English at all. ;)

well, the main reason is, that i dont like to play a game in two languages, some parts of english here and some parts of german there... and my english is not good enough to play the game completely in english. the atmosphere is unfotunately not the same, as it is if i play the game in my first language..

further, what about the balance? i have heard the game is a lot easier with this mod... dont like that
..and sorry, but the some of the character portraits are not really pretty...:D

:onya thanks for your reply. i will test build 13 in a few minutes..

uhhh, build 13 has a lot more changes than only a few bugfixes... is there anywhere a build 12 or a build 11 download link???
:)

Ah I see, I understand how it would get confusing with two different languages in the game.

I think this is the Build 12 installer: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ukzp0sqjhvdk1e6/6PupxsDSRP/Build FTP/b12.exe
There are no earlier Build versions uploaded anywhere, as far as I know.
If this version is still too different, then if you can tell us which bugs in the original game you would really like to see fixed, we may be able to help. :)

As for balance, the latest Build 14 includes several different difficulty modes. You can choose Arcade Mode and stick with the original game's difficulty level, Realistic Mode for a slightly harder experience, or even 'Iron Man' Mode for a very challenging game. Recent feedback suggests it definitely isn't easier than the original game. :cheeky

I don't know how old some of the Build 14 character portraits are, but I realise some of them do look a bit low-quality. We might eventually update them for the final release.

I only played the original POTC for a week and breezed along. I recently played build 13 for a while and it is very easy while build 14 can be nearly impossible, depending on the level played (easy, journeyman, adventurer, swashbuckler). I do not recommend the Iron Man mod. The Open Sea mod is much better. It is challenging without forcing one to give up and go back to a save and try again because one got sunk in repeated storms.

ALL Build versions translate the game fully into English, I'm afraid. We had to, as compatibility with multiple language versions is just too much work and we cannot cope with that.

I have no idea what Build 12 contains, but that does sound a bit small. As Pieter said though, there may not be any point downloading it because every Build version is in English only.

One of the earliest versions of the Build Mod that I know of is in the downloads section in my folder. The file name is POTC Current Build, and has a date of 9-13-03. There are several bug fixes in it, but not a whole lot else. You can download it HERE! Here is the list of fixes from the ReadMe file :

1. Blue French uniforms from the French Corsair modpack.
  2. Stone-D’s mods, including More Random Officers, Surrender Mod, Shared Exp, Character Sheet, Sell All. Note that the SM has been tweaked so you can ransom captives anywhere.
  3. Viper - AdmiralWestside - Stone-D's Character Sheet Enhancement v2.0 Revamped Description=This MOD, originally by Stone-D allows you to see and adjust skills/abilities for ALL of your passengers in the character screen, instead of just your captains and companions. AdmiralWestside made some modifications to allow you to also see the crewmembers on other vessels, instead of just the captain. I recently reworked the order of the officers to make things more organized. I also fixed the 'error_error' officer bug that was in the original versions.
  4. Viper - Pre-req for adding new ships Description=This MOD modifies the variable structure used by the ships.h file to make it much easier for modders to distribute their new ships to the end-users.
  5. Mithrandir - Weather Mod
  6. ALexusB - Additions to Officer Dialog Description=Gives three new options in dialog with you random officers: a "come with me on boarding/sit out boarding" toggle, "Follow me," and "Stay here."
  7. ALexusB - Always Run Description=This MOD makes you run unless you hold the RUN key (default = Shift), then it allows you to walk :).
  8. ALexusB - Bugfix - Officers not equipping 4x pistol Description=This MOD fixes a bug in the game where an officer with Professional Gunman ability refuses to equip a 4x pistol, because the game is checking whether the Main Character has the ability instead of the officer in question...
  9. ALexusB - Charge cannon with keyboard Description=This MOD allows you to change cannon ammo types using the numbers 1-4 on your keyboard to select between Balls, Grapes, Knippels, and Bombs, respectively. Note that if you load a savegame that was saved before installing this mod, you will need to reset your controls to default in the options menu to fix the control interface.
  10. ALexusB - Crew / Cannon Recharge Description=This MOD makes cannon recharge time based on crew amount and morale.
  11. ALexusB - Minimum Crew Enforced Description=This MOD enforces the minimum crew of vessels--they can't be taken with less than minimum crew.
  12. ALexusB - Timescale and Show Names (edit by NK) Description=This MOD allows you to change the timescale anywhere, and shows the name of the person you're looking at. Edited by NK: Now includes 1x/2x time (*, only at sea), 1x/3x time (R), and 10x/30x time (G). Name/Skill is set to T. Note: With timescale at 1x, press G once for 10x time, and once again for 30x time. Once at 30x time, press R to go back to 1x time.
  13. ALexusB - Quest Bugfixes / Larrouse Description=Bugfixes to a couple quests, and the Clair Larrouse quest is reenabled.
  14. ALexusB - Sail Ho Description=This MOD changes the worldmap interface to allow you to sometimes skip encounters. Translation and lil' bitty tweak by NK.
  15. ALexusB - Saved Games Dated Description=This MOD adds the date to the saved games' titles.
  16. ALexusB - See Distance Description=This MOD lets you see the distance to a ship with the best spyglass.
  17. ALexusB - Set ON perk InstantRepair if officer has it Description=This MOD allows the game to also check sub-officers of ships for the Instant Repair ability, instead of just the Main Character or captains.
  18. ALexusB - MOD-Ship can fire with all ammo Description=This allows enemy ships to switch to other ammo types depending on range, instead of always just using bombs.
  19. Amokachi - Goods Quantity Description=This MOD gives stores more goods (x10) to allow for trade fleets.
  20. Amokachi - Hoist Pirate Flag Description=Places a new ability icon when at sea that allows you to hoist the pirate flag. Once you do that you become a pirate, your ship gets back sails, you are at war with all nations and allied with the pirates. Black sails takes effect once you exit back to the sea map.
  21. Draksen - 40 Save Slots Description=This MOD lets you save 40 times instead of 20.
  22. Keemo - Remove Undead Description=This mod removes the undead from random encounters.
  23. Keemo - See Crew on Deck in First-Person Description=This MOD lets you see your crew on deck in First-Person mode. (also including the high-rez crew mod)
  24. KFleshman - Play Past Ending Description=This MOD allows you to keep playing after completion of the main quest.
  25. kobuk/NK - Larger Fleets Description=This MOD adds more, larger fleets to encounter. Per kobuk, modified by NK so they're somewhat smaller and called in addition to the normal encounters, and so the total number of ships possible in an engagement is "uncapped." Also added is a global variable, MAXPIRATECLASS, that determines the best class of ships pirates get (currently set to 2). Version 3.
  26. NK - Buy Men o'War Description=This MOD lets you buy Men o'War in yards. Per Rafe Bligh. Recommended to also set MoW encounterable in the Ships_init file.
  27. NK - Encounter Distance Description=This MOD makes battles start 6x further away.
  28. NK - Tweak Experience from swordfighting and Give Dead's Blade Description=This MOD changes the experience so it's not just based on the difference between skills but the average of the skills as well, and sometimes gives you the blade of the fallen enemy.
  29. NK - Fix Artois Quest Description=This MOD fixes the Artois Voysey quest so it doesn't half-restart every time you visit Conceicao.
  30. NK - Fix Cannons v4 Description=This Mod changes the cannon. The ranges have been scaled to the best of my knowledge, 1/6 normal range: 12=640, 16=775, 24=920, 32=1100, 12cul=800, 16cul=970, 24cul=1150. 32s have been re-enabled, and their damage has been scaled up (from 3 to 9, vs. a 24's 4). Also, cannon reload rates have been doubled and their damage quartered (so actually the 32s do 2.25 vs. a 24's 1, a 16's 0.625, and a 12's 0.25). Though crew damage is just as much as before, and there are some slight tweaks to the different ammos' damage.
  31. NK - Fix Tutorial Description=This MOD fixes the bugs in the tutorial (which appear if you change your starting condition), as well as turning off Malcom Hatcher's invulnerability.
  32. NK - Merchant Ship Mods v2 Description=This MOD fills merchant ships' holds, reduces their crew, lowers their morale, and gives them 12pdr cannon only. Also, it slows them down on the world map a little.
  33. NK - Pre-Req for New Items Description=This MOD is like Viper's Pre-Req for New Ships mod, but for items. Thanks to Viper for thinking up this way of doing it. Note: You must install this before any mod that includes new items (i.e. my Swords and Items mod or Verruckt's QC Brothel mod).
  34. NK - Officers and Perks Description=This MOD fixes/tweaks/upgrades various things about officers and characters: It switches a couple crew models out (so crew models are distinct from officer models) and adds 19 new officer models, makes the officer role dependent on the model (basically, tough blokes are bosuns, slightly less shabby folks are gunners, spiffier (but sometimes fat or...spindly) people are navigators and/or quartermasters, and snazzy professional-looking people are first mates), changes the skill modifiers for officers, changes the generate-skills function for all characters, and adds perks based on the generated skills to all characters! For best gameplay, use with the Swords and Items mod.
  35. NK - Random Officers Chance Description=This MOD makes random officers appear more often (50% vs. 20%).
  36. NK - Reinitialize Stats Description=This MOD allows you reinitialize various arrays, thus updating them without requiring you to start a new game. Included at the moment are: items, ships, goods, cannon, weather, sea encounters, nations, and rumors. If they work, locations will be added. Note that for the update to take effect, you may have to "refresh" whatever you changed, i.e. for items go to inventory and un-equip; go back to normal play; go to inventory and re-equip. You'll probably have to do this for your officers too (and thus you'd need Viper's Force Officers to De-Equip mod). Ships seem to refresh automatically. Probably a good idea to force a scene change before assuming the various reinitilzations will take effect. Lastly, this may break your game. I haven't seen that happen, but it's possible. So be careful. Instructions: If you apply this mod and then load a game, you probably need to go to options->controls->reset defaults. Then go back to the game. If you start a new game, it should be keyed in automatically. Usage: Press the I key during the game.
  37. NK – Rumours v2 Description=This MOD changes the Rumour function and the various rumours to be more random, reflect the current island, and give quest pointers, and opens up the possibility of using rumours as a way to add pointers to new quests. With thanks to Donalbane for the trade rumors!
  38. NK - Sail Damage Bugfix Description=This fixes a bug in the sail damage routine where the attack character, not the defending character, is checked to see whether they have defense perks.
  39. NK - Swords and Items Description=This MOD does two things. First, it changes some swords: upgrades a sword, the Silverleaf, to a new 7500-level price. It's now 24/32, 45/45. It also tweaks the Vagrant slightly, increasing pierce (it is, after all, a rapier). And lastly it adds the Atwood F100, a new saber. Second, it totally rewrites the function that gives swords, pistols, and glasses to traders, and the one that gives them to characters (the former function in the game seems to have been slapped together with many items skipped and no reference made to rarity or min level in the init file, the latter based on hard-coded choices irrespective of min-levels in the init). The rarity for blades was rewritten, with the starting blades at .9, the expensive blades at .5, the more expensive blades at .37, the very expensive at .25, the hyper-expensive at .1, and the most-expensive (i.e. Corsair's Pride, Conq, Windmill) at .05. Also comments were added to items_init to name the blades. The new functions also support any number of added blades/pistols/glasses for traders and any number of added blades for characters. THIS MOD REQUIRES THE PRE-REQ FOR NEW ITEMS MOD TO BE INSTALLED FIRST. Assuming you have that installed, start a new game or just use the reinitialize mod to make these changes take effect.
  40. Verruckt - Become a Pirate Ingame

Back