• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

BUILD 11 BUGS ONLY

<!--`QuoteBegin-england`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(england)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->when you save a game at the taylor , and load it again , the game craches[/quote]

Error is confirmed. I didn't find a quick solution so please don't save *in* tailorshops. Leave the shop and saving (and reloading) should work fine.

Scheffnow

now I confirmed the bug ....... using "take all" command , takes bombs or cannon balls to much.......
today I used the russian frigate, and the command, had suddenly more than 100000 bombs, so I could NOT use the bombs for firing, and could NOT drop 'em in the sea, and lost a large ammount of gp while selling them.

so its not a Xebec Barbossa problem..... but a "take all" problem.....
I surely hope PMT can fix this bug ....... its anoying like sh*****t
xD:

First, for everyone with a crash. Could you turn debug mode on (via POTCModHelper util, or via engine.ini's tracefilesoff line), and send us the logs that are there after the crash?
(I.e. if you can reproduce the crash turn on debug and then do so).

Re: relocking chests. Known issue, being worked on.

Re: Artois. Will check.

Re: Schooner. Sounds like a ship that got added by some other mod.

Re: Tailor saves. Had an idea about that. We'll find out eventually. xD:

Re: Cargo bug. Has anyone else had this bug? If not, it may be due to the new ships you added?
And, can you turn on debug mode per above?

Re: Gregor Samsa.
The `buy-everything` thing was only meant for debugging; thus it's now tied to flag DEBUG in BuildSettings.h If you set that to 1, and talk to GS, he gets the `all-items` thing.
However, other funky debug things happen too...

whenever i get above lvl 35ish 90% of baddies drop bosuns choice just cos it's the best sword, sometimes you get a atwood thrown in

tried the debug =1 instead of 0
and the clair larusse quest works.....
havent tried the cargo bug yet, but could it be because I changed a little in the ships, that cargo number I gave 'em eg. 2501 instead 2500
, ( its so i know which exact ship i get if taken or bought )
if so ..... the bug is explained ......
thx.

<!--`QuoteBegin-jack_sparrow_jr`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jack_sparrow_jr)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->now I confirmed the bug ....... using "take all" command , takes bombs or cannon balls to much.......
today I used the russian frigate, and the command, had suddenly more than 100000 bombs, so I could NOT use the bombs for firing, and could NOT drop 'em in the sea, and lost a large ammount of gp while selling them.

so its not a Xebec Barbossa problem..... but a "take all" problem.....
I surely hope PMT can fix this bug ....... its anoying like sh*****t
:yes[/quote]

this is caused by my cargo id trick, it does NOT appear with "clean" ships_init(build 11 version)

:cheeky

<!--`QuoteBegin-NathanKell`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NathanKell)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->First, for everyone with a crash. Could you turn debug mode on (via POTCModHelper util, or via engine.ini's tracefilesoff line), and send us the logs that are there after the crash?
(I.e. if you can reproduce the crash turn on debug and then do so).

Re: relocking chests. Known issue, being worked on.

Re: Artois. Will check.

Re: Schooner. Sounds like a ship that got added by some other mod.

Re: Tailor saves. Had an idea about that. We'll find out eventually. :yes

Re: Cargo bug. Has anyone else had this bug? If not, it may be due to the new ships you added?
And, can you turn on debug mode per above?

Re: Gregor Samsa.
The `buy-everything` thing was only meant for debugging; thus it's now tied to flag DEBUG in BuildSettings.h If you set that to 1, and talk to GS, he gets the `all-items` thing.
However, other funky debug things happen too...[/quote]

where is that tracelog file ?
couldn't find it !

Any solutions for the Animist quest yet? I cant get into Oxbay anymore, the game just locks up as its loading.

Officerpuppy,

I'm wondering if there is a problem with that part of the Animist quest and the Coastraiders mod which generates ships when yo arrive at an island.
Perhaps you could try opening the BuildSettings.h file and change the #define AUTOCREATE_CR 1 entry to #define AUTOCREATE_CR 0

That should stop the Coastraider ships being generated when you get to Oxbay.
They will only be genereated if/when you talk to a citizen. Hopefully that could work and if it does let us know so that the PMT can add this onto the next update.

i have the same prob as officer puppy, and setting the autocreate_cr to 0 doesnt help

infact: deactivating it only takes effect if u start a new game

I CANT SEEM TO EVEN GET MY GAME TO RUN WITH BUILD11. EVERY TIME I TRY TO RUN THE GAME IT SAYS RUN TIME ERROR ABNORMAL PROGRAM TERMINATION!!!!!. I've followed all the instructions from the download to the install. and when I check the new texure box it during the download it says error downloading it. Can some please tell me how to get the game to run???? and another question. there are no mention of any new ships in this new build. ARE THERE????
THanks

i had the same probs, and solved them by just installing build 10.1 then the update+localiced vers AND nothing ELSE try this mybe its helps

GloriousRedArmy,

To fix the Runtime error just add these lines in the BuildSettings.h file just below the compass skin entry:
#define LOC_CAMERA 0 //set this to 1 to `re-enable` moved camera in doorways  
#define SHOWHP_PLAYER 1 // show HP text (i.e. 65/128) for player  
#define SHOWHP_OFFICERS 1 // for officers  
#define SHOWHP_OTHERS 1 // for other characters

There are no new ships in this Build except for Catalina's Celtic themed Xebec and Lugger.

I got it working by unzipping the Update folder that appeared in my POTC root folder and it seems to be working fine, What do those lines do that you gave me?? and also i noticed that the entire F2 menu has changed but i can only click on my charecter menu but when I attempt to click on any other menu nothing happens and i am stuck in that F2 menu and pushing escape will not get me out. Is there fix to this and also will there be new ships appearing sometime in the NEAR future???

<!--`QuoteBegin-jack_sparrow_jr`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jack_sparrow_jr)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->btw ...... doea the debug =1 change anything to the game ......
so I could gaiming with it ALL the time ? or ?
:yes:[/quote]

started a new game today ..... and debug =1, all parts of da game goes fine, no bugs at all.

(maybee exept that gregor samsa has all items and choose of clothes, all are there too ......)

still curios, what does it mean for the game, otherwice that there is no bugs ?

Anybody had trouble handin' off one o' de relics? :cheers

Onct Fred Bob accepted de gold relic at QC, but when he be gittin' tew IM, as instructed, de monk acted like Fred Bob be a first time customer an' didn't be acceptin' de relic so's Fred Bob couldn't save! xD:

Nathan, figurin' ye might be innerested in de savegame, Fred Bob done be firin' it off tew ye! :? Jus' be lookin' in yer mailbox! :huh

@ Fred Bob. Yeah Fred Bob alot of people have been noticing that too..

Back