• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

BUILD 11 BUGS ONLY

First off i just wanted to say it's great that you modders have managed to salvage that disneyfied, rushed out "game" and turned it into something very enjoyable..

I've had no problems with the build until i hired an officer, now i get a CTD whenever I enter the map sailing mode thingy

it's lead me to wonder if anyone's every tried sailing from island to island in the normal sailiing mode? =p

anyways, i'll try that debug thing next time so that you guys can get a better idea of what the problem may be

FB, thanks for the save!
alexandaaarrrrr, I _may_ have fixed that, but I dunno. Post your logs when you get to it, that will indeed help. :huh

NOTE TO ALL: THE WAY TO TURN ON LOGS IS VIA THE POTCMODHELPER, OR BY EDITING ENGINE.INI

Changing DEBUG in BuildSettings.h is _not_ what we're talking about here...

Sorry for the confusion; I was imprecise in my speech earlier.

first of all, this mod is great...

there is a bug in CharacterUtilite.c so that your first officer/passenger does not get the special mission XPs.

in line 1270 it says:
for(i=1; i <= GetPassengersQuantity(chref); i++)
but it has to be:
for(i=0; i <= GetPassengersQuantity(chref); i++)

the other
for(i/j=1; i <= GetPassengersQuantity(chref); i/j++)
in that file should probably also be fixed...

dear NathanKell :

What does the debug = 1 mean to the game .

tried all night last night, gaiming with this setting, NO bugs appeared at all, everythings where just fine ........

btw. did get the log to work (DOH, (me) error 40)

((error 40 = 40 cm from screen error, dummie user))
:cheers

Crash when tryin to get into my ship

emmm, lovin the mod, it absolutly rule, good job with it gang, im shure i could never play PotC without it again. Just one small problem, sometimes, just after saving, i attempt to go onto my ship and sail away into the blue. Unfortunatly it loads and durring loading some how my windows desktop finds its way into the game and the game vannishes, im left staring at my crappy windows xp rather than my beautiful gleaming Frigate...how odd. Hope someone can help, thanks.

well, this is what i got in my error report

-----------------------------------------------------------
Error summary
Error.log

Compile.log

System.log

hopefully that's of some help..

<!--`QuoteBegin-dengo`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dengo)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->there is a bug in CharacterUtilite.c so that your first officer/passenger does not get the special mission XPs.[/quote] :cheers OMG, that has been "bugging" me, thank you Dengo!!!

VERY COOL! ;) :woot :woot

Dengo: Mucho thanks!

JS Jr:
DEBUG does the following:
`Re-enables` Gregor Samsa having all items
Removes caps and `chance-to`-`not-happen` with Gov introducing MR during conversation
Enables buying any model from tailors and choosing any model in select model screen.

<!--`QuoteBegin-Spitfire`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spitfire)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->LMAO!  ;)  :woot  :woot  

xD:

Looks like an empty error report to me.  :cheers[/quote]

alas i must confess, i am neither 1337 nor a h4x0r, so im bound to do stupid things when dealing with stuff like this, heh... actually, it did seem suspiciously unimformative to me, but i posted anyways since i really had no way to know for sure

but anyways, after playing around ffor a bit, i've found that the bug actually isn't relatd to officers, but having my ship full of chocolate while leaving felaise(sp) de fleure... that's the only condition under which it's crashed for me =

maybe one of you knows what i did wrong to not get a proper error log? i'd like to be able to give a more helpful description of the problem..

NathanKell : thx a lot ......

Just had an error, CTD on asign an officer (artous) to my free slot,
I'll put up a log in a short while.

Thats the first error since yesterday, and about 20 hours of gaiming.
:cheers

Error summary
Error.log

Compile.log

System.log

what now ????????????????????
I thought I got it to work .......... :cheers

<!--`QuoteBegin-dengo`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dengo)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
the other
for(i/j=1; i <= GetPassengersQuantity(chref); i/j++)
in that file should probably also be fixed...[/quote]

dengo :cheers:

However I have not been able to find this line ;): .....would be grateful for clarification

`reports2004-05`-`02-01`-`23-07`.txt
`02-05`-2004 01:23:07 Report generated and saved
`02-05`-2004 01:23:07 game stopped
`02-05`-2004 01:23:25 Generating report now ...
`02-05`-2004 01:23:25 Saving report ...
`reports2004-05`-`02-01`-`23-25`.txt
`02-05`-2004 01:23:25 Report generated and saved

He means all lines that use i, and all lines that use j.
Just search for GetPassengersQuantity, and you'll find the lines.
But, update coming ASAP.

Just had a really disappointing CTD after a furious battle with a couple of bigger ships. Had captured two, gotten a cabin full of captured blades and pistols (nicest ones I've seen yet in the game, too!), and sailed into port to take care of turning all that booty into gold...

Was just transferring cargo over to a different ship (I keep all my wheat and rum on one ship), and decided to swap ships to facilitate easier transfer of other cargo, and hit escape to back out of the swap ship menu and CTD.

:bow :x :p3: :eek: :( :? :?

I have the error log if you would like to see it... 8)

Hey Fellow Pirates, :?

Getting better at this now. :p3
Question: Has any body encounted a bug with Clement cowering
after taking Greenford 8)
Dosen't seem to matter what I do. Then of course with him cowering
you can't leave the prison.
I have debug set to 1 and added the new lines (4 or 5) to the .h file.
and there is no error file to generate, cause it dosen't crashe, it's just a sodding negative reaction. :bow:

Any Ideas, Oh great masters of modding! :eek:

I've checked it again to be sure, From the begining of the attack
on fort Redford to the taking of the town no civilians or unarmed soldiers harmed.(there were none)
So I just don't understand the negative reaction

:p3 I'm new to this community and the Build patch. So, here's some bugs that I have noted in Build 11:

Quest Related Bugs:

-Missing quest name in the quest book for the quest to free old man (Clement Aurentius).

-After finishing the "Get details from Governor" quest and then going into the lighthouse location with golden idol, old man (Clement Aurentius) says that Danielle Greene is missing. You then get a quest "To Isla Muelle", but it is already crossed out when you get it. Not a big issue, but still...

-Artos Volley quest is bugged so that he doesn't get shot in redmond(?) port and his quest cannot be finished.

Other Bugs:

-After the storm cutscene where you lose your ships and money, you found yourself at Douwesen beach. Some time after that when you are at lighthouse location at Oxbay (you escaped from the pirate ship.). Old man (Clement Aurentius) offers you his boat. After getting that boat, two bugs are found:

1. Boat has no name (name label is "Error") and no proper picture.

2. Crew morale(?) mod becomes screwed somehow, so that you don't see anymore information that shows how much rum and food is left when you are in worldmap. Not even then when you get your ships and crew back.

-After encountering the "Black Pearl" ship first time, it starts to show up quite often ecspesially during island sea battles. And sincle it is undestructable and it attack me straight away, I have to load my previous save often. In the unpatched/modded game you didn't encounter "Black Pearl" anymore after it's first show up and it didn't attack you if you didn't attack it first.

-The first time you meet the Danielle Greene at the Redmond Bar. After talking to him, a few english soldiers comes to arrest him. After a short battle Danielle runs off the Bar. Normally a few english soldier comes to arrest you just after Danielle disappears, but if you are walking/running during the time when Danielle runs off the Bar, game crashes just after Danielle disappears. So you have to stand still so that that the game won't crash and the guards comes out normally. I'm not a script expert, but this could be fixed by freezing the players movement during that sequenge (this is also used various other situation in the game).

-There is no longer loading pictures for the Battle encounters and some other encounters after Using Build 11.

I'm using Fresh installed build with default Build settings. Oh and I have a European version of the game and I have ticked the European version during the install.

Thats all for now... 8)

<!--`QuoteBegin-Captain` Loogie+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Captain Loogie)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
-There is no longer loading pictures for the Battle encounters and some other encounters after Using Build 11.

I'm using Fresh installed build with default Build settings. Oh and I have a European version of the game and I have ticked the European version during the install.
[/quote]

Have you copied the localised textures and voice files?

Scheffnow

Back