• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

i didn't have it til built 14 either but i never ran out of money. like miklkit said just drop your money in the ship chest and keep about 900.000 they start getting jealous at 1 mill

meyer189, have a look in PROGRAM\Storyline\[Storyline]\[Storyline].c

liamvt, if the crew is getting jealous, you might want to consider swapping over to "divide the plunder" game mode.
That's what the "jealousy" was meant to encourage anyway.

meyer189, have a look in PROGRAM\Storyline\[Storyline]\[Storyline].c

liamvt, if the crew is getting jealous, you might want to consider swapping over to "divide the plunder" game mode.
That's what the "jealousy" was meant to encourage anyway.

k i'll do that but is this intended cause í think it's weird.
and about my initial comment are these pirate ports supposed to bring such easy money cause it seems like cheating

Those pirate port boardings are part of the Capture Colonies mod that still isn't fully finished. :facepalm

The jealousy is intentional, yes, but you can turn it off if you want. PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h:
Code:
#define UNLIMITEDLOOT					0		// Prevent morale from plummeting if you have 1000000 gold over the estimated salaries and are not sharing with your crew

Those pirate port boardings are part of the Capture Colonies mod that still isn't fully finished. :facepalm

The jealousy is intentional, yes, but you can turn it off if you want. PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h:
Code:
#define UNLIMITEDLOOT                    0        // Prevent morale from plummeting if you have 1000000 gold over the estimated salaries and are not sharing with your crew

tnx

Hello Fellow Dutchman :gday
i like the build 14 very mutch so far, it only has a few flaws in it. but i wonder, can i get the flying dutchman as my own ship? and if so how? cuz i have been tryng out alot but i just won't seem to get hold of it. can u help me with it? Like the builds very much :D

Hello Fellow Dutchman :gday
i like the build 14 very mutch so far, it only has a few flaws in it. but i wonder, can i get the flying dutchman as my own ship? and if so how? cuz i have been tryng out alot but i just won't seem to get hold of it. can u help me with it? Like the builds very much :D

Check this post :

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/16698-flying-dutchman/page__view__findpost__p__380173

:cheers

Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 4 Available!
More fixes, new high-detail and historically accurate ship models,
more detail on the existing ships and many ships have found crews to walk their decks at last.

Download (172 MB):
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

Installation:
1 - Install Build 14 Beta 1 Full, following the instructions in the installer and allow it to run RunMe.bat
2 - Install Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 4 to your main game folder
3 - Run Rename.bat in your main game folder
4 - OPTIONAL: Tweak the controls and the game's settings to your liking in the Options menu
5 - Start a new game, select a storyline and ENJOY! :woot

Includes:
HTML:
- Code updates:
. DoDailyCrewPay error fixed by Sulan
. NPC gun quality error fixed by Sulan
. No money texture when moving to chests error fixed by Sulan
. Looting invalid items without itemID fixed by Sulan
. Boudewijn Smidt, blacksmith in Kralendijk (Bonaire) has some apprentices and can repair all your blades at once now by Sulan
. Diego Uargo, blacksmith in Sao Jorge (La Grenade) can repair all your guns at once up to a certain quality by Sulan
. Equipped item marker not set correctly when moving items fixed by Sulan
. When swapping money it is added to character wealth instead of character money fixed by Sulan
. Added loanshark to Charlestown bank by Sulan
. MAX_GUNPOWDER and MAX_SHOTS settings coded in by Sulan
. Grand Schooner (SchoonerXebec) double ships_init entry fixed by Experienced Captain
. 74-Gun 3rd Rate (US_HeavyWarship) game crash fixed by Experienced Captain
. 74-Gun 3rd Rate (FR_SuperiorWarship1) game crash fixed by Pieter Boelen
. Attempted fix for CTDs at some islands at some points in some storylines by Pieter Boelen
. Charlestown appearance on worldmap fixed by Pieter Boelen
. NK.c reordered to make more sense by Pieter Boelen
. Modification to steamship smoke stack generation to decrease the effect of the smoke not coming out of the stack properly by Pieter Boelen
. Sounds and graphical effects added to Capsize mod by Experienced Captain
. Crewmembers falling overboard added in the water behind the ship by Pieter Boelen
. GivePromotionReward function expanded to give an officer with a ship on rank #5 by A Drop of Rum
. GivePromotionReward function no longer changes your model to male when you are playing as a female by Pieter Boelen
. United States and Pirate nations added into GivePromotionReward function by Pieter Boelen [WIP]
- Assassin Storyline updates:
. New part added by Bartolomeu o Portugues
. Cargo space early quest break fixed by Experienced Captain
. Guibert Daudet dialog break fixed by Bartolomeu o Portugues
. Random names fixed by Bartolomeu o Portugues
. Questbook text fixed by Talisman
- Jack Sparrow Storyline updates:
. Questbook text fixed by Talisman
. Fred Bob, Turks tavern owner, disappearing at night time fixed by Pieter Boelen
. Thomas the Terror, Turks tailor, dialog fixed by Pieter Boelen
. Matthew Shaw no longer appears in Hendrick Vanderdecken's seat by Talisman
. Weatherby Swann, governor of Jamaica, reappears after the "Port Royale Grand Entrance" scene by Pieter Boelen
. Roger Murray, Jamaica shipwright, reappears after the "Swordfight with Will Turner" scene by Talisman
. Player ship doesn't keep sailing away after the "HMS Dauntless Deck" scene by Pieter Boelen
. Towns are no longer half-empty after the Isla de Muerta scenes by Pieter Boelen
. Weatherby Swann, governor of Jamaica, returns for ordinary governor duties after the Curse of the Black Pearl has been completed by Pieter Boelen
- Quest updates:
. Standard storyline ending dialog reinstated by Pieter Boelen
. Bartolomeu o Portugues Storyline cargo space early quest break fixed by Experienced Captain
. Hornblower storyline character disappearing bug fixed by Short Jack Gold
. Padre Domingues set to not disappear during night time by Pieter Boelen
. Jasmine Cotton, Tortuga merchant, dialog fixed to allow cargo deliveries by Pieter Boelen
Jasmine Cotton dialog text modified to be more in-character by A Drop of Rum
- Character Model Updates:
. Starting player model now always available in Choose Outfit interface by Pieter Boelen
. Kate Blowhorn, Nevis Pirate Settlement's merchant, animation fixed by Pieter Boelen
. Hendrick Vanderdecken character model swap with CIII models fixed by Pieter Boelen
. Nathaniel Hawk promotion model update code fixed by Pieter Boelen
. Various missing head files added by Pieter Boelen
. Unexisting "Lt_Chadd_H" character model code reference removed by Pieter Boelen
- Location Model Updates:
. Removed strange half-buried rear exit-mansion (BuildingSet) in Bridgetown by Sulan
. COL lighting files added for Speightstown and Bridgetown suburbs, Bridgetown and Turks Apothecary and Hitman storyline unique locations by Pieter Boelen
Finally no more ridiculously bright locations; these used to be especially apparant during night-time in the suburbs
. Guadeloupe "Jungle_2" location changed into a swamp by Pieter Boelen
Change ANY jungle location into a swamp by adding/changing the following lines of code in the location init entry:
Locations[n].environment.sea = "true";
Locations[n].environment.swamp = "true";
Locations[n].MaxSeaHeight = 0.2;
. Speightstown Sewer actually full of water (shall we make this brown as "sewage"? YUCK!) by Pieter Boelen
. [RELATED UNINCLUDED WIP] Flooded Puerto Rico town model for future use as Singapore by Pieter Boelen
See http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/5945-flooding-the-oxbay-sewer/page__view__findpost__p__381129 for the files
- Ship Model Updates:
. HMS Victory high-detail custom model added by Pgargon
. Le Superbe high-detail custom model added by Pgargon
. HMS Bellona high-detail custom model added by Pgargon
. HMS Nonsuch high-detail custom model added by Pgargon
. HMS Greyhound high-detail custom model added by Pgargon
. HMS Sophie high-detail custom model added by Pgargon
. USS Enterprise high-detail custom model added by Pgargon
. HMS Mordaunt high-detail custom model added by Pgargon
. La Couronne high-detail custom model added by Pgargon
. Apostól Felipe high-detail custom model added by Pgargon
. USS Hannah and Pirate Version high-detail custom model added by Pgargon
. HMS Speedy high-detail custom model added by Pgargon
. British Royal Navy steam ship added by Experienced Captain
. Flags and rigging updated for the HMS Surprise, Boussole and all Lineship models by Experienced Captain
. More additional details on many ship models by Seb
. Cabins visible through windows on the larger Age of Pirates based ship models by Russian modders, added and adjusted by Seb and Pieter Boelen
. Battleship texture detail enhanced by Seb
. Stock game crew walk files restored for the following ships by Pieter Boelen: [WIP: Need to be checked!!!]
Jackass Bark (Barque3_50)
English Bark (Barque4_47)
Indiaman (FastMerchantman)
Indiaman (NL_Merchantman)
Fragata Latina (PO_FastNavy)
74-Gun 3rd Rate (US_HeavyWarship)
74-Gun 3rd Rate (HeavyWarship)
Pinnace (NL_Pinnace)
74-Gun 3rd Rate (FR_SuperiorWarship1)
74-Gun 3rd Rate (FR_SuperiorWarship2)
74-Gun 3rd Rate (RN_Warship)
Heavy Pinnace of War (NL_TwoDecker_47)
Heavy Pinnace-of-War (NL_SevenProvincien)
. Crew walk files added/updated for the following ships by Pieter Boelen, thanks to Conversion Tool by back84:
Carrack (Caravol1)
Fast Galleon (FastGalleon1)
Fast Galleon (FastGalleon2)
Fast War Galleon (PirateFastGal)
Barque Longue (Barquem1)
Squaresail Schooner (Hooker1)
Naval Sloop (Sloop3)
Lugger (Lugger3)
Fluyt-of-War (Frigate6)
56-Gun 4th Rate (Lineship5)
56-Gun 4th Rate (NL_Lineship2)
Light Fluyt (Fleut4)
100-Gun 1st Rate (Manowar3)
Light Pinnace (LightPinnace1)
Light Pinnace (LightPinnace2)
Light Pinnace (LightPinnace3)
Heavy East Indiaman (WarGalleon1)
Heavy East Indiaman (WarGalleon2)
Heavy East Indiaman (WarGalleon3)
Heavy East Indiaman (WarGalleon4)
Heavy East Indiaman (La_Licorne)
East Indiaman (JamaicaShip1)
East Indiaman (Mordaunt1)
Trade Brig (Edinburg)
Trade Brig (HMS_Bounty)
Corvette (Corvette1_47)
80-Gun 3rd Rate (Battleship3)
80-Gun 3rd Rate (Battleship4)
- Modder Tools:
. New functions: ReloadToTexturedModel and CycleThroughTexturedModels, useful for finding a location that uses a certain model for screenshot-making by Pieter Boelen
Syntax:	CycleThroughTexturedModels( [Model Folder, eg. "Town_Redmond\Town_03"] );
ReloadToTexturedModel( [Model Folder, eg. "Town_Redmond\Town_03"] , [Texture Folder, eg. "" or "ENGLAND"] );
. Allow LAi_SetPatrolType and LAi_SetCivilianPatrolType characters to patrol between locators by Pieter Boelen
Syntax: In a character init file, add two lines:
ch.patrollocator.0 = "goto2";
ch.patrollocator.1 = "goto4";

It's the same for all language versions, but you'll end up with the game in English. :shrug

Hello Pieter,

Yes the build is for all versions (French and others ...).

In fact, I wanted to know if there was a patch to translate the game in French...?

Thank's

Unfortunately, no. Translating the game is not something our team can do and other people who started on it never finished.
It's a seriously big task.

Ok, je m'en doutes!...

merci pour les réponses.

Excellent travail cette Build 14 !!!

Bon courage pour la suite.

Don't mean to rain on your parade guys, as this is a great mod, but I'm finding Beta 1 much less stable than the alpha. I'm getting crashes almost every time I go from one scene to another. I've set my resolution to 1680x1050 in engine.ini and I'm using the new gfx renderer (not the intel one). Could these be the problem? If so, is it possible to remove the renderer without reinstalling?

Easiest way is to re-download ENB from here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/downloads/enb-improved-graphics
Then install it and a Batch file will appear in your main game folder allowing you to uninstall it.
It's a bit weird, I know, but I only recently redid those installers to include an uninstall option. :facepalm

Hello. I Played Build 13, and looking forward to play this. however, should i Uninstall the game as i previously had it and completly re-install? I have Build 14 full, and the patch, just not sure how to proceed with install.

How much room do you have on your hard drive? If you have room, make a separate install for Build 14 and keep Build 13 also. Or just delete Build 13 and do general housecleaning first. There is no reason to install Build 14 on top of Build 13 that I know of. I just did a new install a few days ago, and it went like the directions in post #368 said.

I'm a little short on space. but i have the old Build with everything backed up on an external drive, so i can always go back to the old build. I'll have to re-install everything. I guess there is no way to only uninstall Build 13, and keep the vanilla game's files?

EDIT: Am I misunderstanding if i guess that I have to install over a clean POTC install?

You indeed can't uninstall the modpack, but installing Build 14 Beta 1 on top of Build 13 Final should do no harm.
You'll just be left with a bunch of unneseccary files. Still, if you can reinstall, cleaner is always better. :shrug

Back