• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

That pic shows an old greybeard, a Frenchman, and two Spaniards. What's wrong with the hanger? The over the shoulder part looks ok to me, but the belt buckle looks backwards. I prefer a belt meself. It puts the weight on me hips and leaves me upper body free to move quickly. I carry a tankard, purse, poignard, and cutlass all day with no discomfort. :j2

That pic shows an old greybeard, a Frenchman, and two Spaniards. What's wrong with the hanger? The over the shoulder part looks ok to me, but the belt buckle looks backwards. I prefer a belt meself. It puts the weight on me hips and leaves me upper body free to move quickly. I carry a tankard, purse, poignard, and cutlass all day with no discomfort. :j2

In GM Viewer the model of Serafino Masarenhas has hanger over left shoulder - in your image it is over the right one. xD:

I think it must be because GM Viewer views things differently - as the other Spaniard - model 18SO - also has left / right reversed. :shrug

Upon further review, it seem many of the governors have hand animations. But I never really noticed until the governor at Santiago, I think it is. A young guy with a colorful costume. The others look fine.

There is no problem with those models. I just keep stumbling across some I have not seen before.

Well, this is how long patch 5 lasted for me. Two days ago I was in the battle for Bridgetown, and went out to meet the English fleet. We all ended up in the harbor being the best of friends. It was ye olde assigned to quest group error.

Well, I was already there. This is the 2nd time it has ended like this. Six months ago I would have been met by 20 hostile ships, so this is better.......

Can you really take a fort and take it for your self???. capture a town etc?.
im sure i read it on here that you can do that?.
it would be soo cool if you were able to capture a town install your own govonor in and get free repairs and help run the town with and you make all the dessions on what happens etc !! a bit like port royal 2 but with more control.

To a certain extent, but that part of the mod is unfinished and still a bit buggy. :facepalm

Ah right, But would that be possible to even make in a Patch or anything? im obbsessed with this idea, it would be awesome to run your own town either a town you capture or get granted land from a govonor like on port royal , and you decide on everything what is best for your town etc what captins protect it and all that, while your out doing quests and getting into sea battles etc!. you decide what local traders use your land and all that!!. Could even be possible to have another fleet under your command? you do battle? your other fleet do trade?. Sorry if im rambling id love a game to be like this, deffo potc as its more realistic. it would just be mint! :)

Capture Colonies is half in the mod and we intend to fix and finish it some time.
No idea when that might be; the modder working on it is very pressed for time these days and has a lot of other stuff on his plate too.

First a MASSIVE thanks for all the effort put in the compilation! After 3+ hours I managed to download the Build14 beta1 and the VERY old Runtime error comes up so I can't load the game. Believe me, I have tried, and am now stumped. Alpha 14 runs real sweetly, (mostly). So it is not the PC and the spec is upgraded to insane levels with Windows7 x64 as the operating system.
I have made sure to install on another drive '(G)Games' rather than the C: Drive to prevent the C: Program security problem kicking in. I also made sure to keep a beta copy as a back-up and installed the Beta1 patch5 on top of GAMES(G) / GAMES / POTC / Build14Beta folder; is this correct or should it go into an internal folder? Rename.bat runs normally as far as I can tell. In the file 'System' I get >> Scanning current directory
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
User Rised Exception
C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\Core.cpp line 364
no 'engine.ini' file<<
so the plank is rigged and I am putting one foot on it ready for all the redicule and laughter. What have I done wrong??? Any help out there? It seems another download is the way to go...Gasp. Regards, Brian.

If it is the engine.ini configuration file that is missing or damaged. -
If you copy the same file from your other version of the game it might work. ( I have to admit I don't know for certain) :shrug

The file is found in the Pirates of the Caribbean folder.

:cheers

If it is the engine.ini configuration file that is missing or damaged. -
If you copy the same file from your other version of the game it might work. ( I have to admit I don't know for certain) :shrug

The file is found in the Pirates of the Caribbean folder.

:cheers

Holy Cow!!! Why didn't I THINK of that, what an idiot I am. So simple, it WORKED.

I don't always have to know the reason why things happen, life's too short, but it is curious after downloading the full version and patch twice in case the others were damaged, they still had the engine.ini file missing.

May your horses always stay on board in the Horse Latitudes and you never drift into the Sargasso Sea. I dip my colours and salute you. Regards, Brian.

Well, this is how long patch 5 lasted for me. Two days ago I was in the battle for Bridgetown, and went out to meet the English fleet. We all ended up in the harbor being the best of friends. It was ye olde assigned to quest group error.

Last night it did it again. :facepalm Same time, same place. The error message is different this time, so here it is. Oh, this time it just ctd'ed.

It might be a good idea to compress the .exe file into a .7z or rar file so it isn't so big and takes faster to download :yes

The installer file you mean? It's already got maximum 7-Zip compression.

Back