• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

Thanks for that. It is good to have bug fixer around.

On the broken blades thing, as I said it isn't a big deal, I just think at some point we out to deal with if someone has the expertise and time. It works right on land. If the blade breaks they run away. On the ship they should probably either to a corner and cower or drop and cower. Course if they just drop in the middle of the melee, the NPCs will hack them to death.

Im only being a BUG fixer at the current time cause I want to code, but when I try to code storyline I loose my motivation, so this is both a good and a bad thing :(

Ines Diaz' TOOL and the Akella Tools plugin for Maya.

What's up with breaking blades on boardings?
In such a case, the enemies will continue fighting with their fists.
I couldn't make them run away, because all enemies MUST die for the boarding to progress.

Maybe the chance code for that needs to be changed? It's in LAi_events.c if I recall.
The chance depends on the character level and fencing skill, so it'd occur more frequently
later in the game and/or on higher difficulty levels. :facepalm

I made a small discovery, look at this ship closer, doesn't it remind you any... "Frigate1" stock game model? :urgh

http://www.shipmodel.ru/Russia.htm

09b.jpg

05b.jpg

http://www.shipmodel.ru/images/Draft/Russia.jpg

Wow! I kept getting CTD's without using ENB. I tried it after re-installing a few times and running out of ideas. It really has brought the game to life. Thank you for another great release!!!!

Man, that is a detailed model! :onya

Audessy: I tried ENB with build 13 and didn't like it. Never tried it with build 14........nice catch. ;)

First results with ENB installed in B14 are encouraging. Almost no fractals. I'll live with the cartoon look if that is what it takes.

I'm still adjusting the settings, but things aren't right. The water has large sheets with no details in them, making it look like a cartoon or comic book. Right around the ship is ok. The colors are off. For instance the main plaza at Sao Jorge has a bad green tint to it now. It's getting better as I continue tweaking it. But the fractals are greatly reduced!

I'm sorry. I'm starting to vent in frustration. I tried ENB in build 13 and didn't like it. I don't like that hdr stuff in any game tho. Always turn it off. So never tried it with build 14. I got ENB from the build 13 site.

That is a really nice ship model. Much much nicer than mine.

Both versions are indeed completely the same.
But the settings are a personal preference, of course.
They have been tweaked to work with the game, but you're welcome to adjust it further to your liking.
Share it with us when you've got something you're happy with please. ;)

Considering all of the unique problems I have, I doubt anyone would want my settings. Right now I seem to have a choice between bad colors or having the ground and people "glow".

The ground and characters glow on default settings as well.
At least they did for me when I tried ENB.

Back