• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

Indeed, that would be nice to have. We've got a short teaser somewhere and Bartolomeu's main quest trailer, but no full mod trailer.

That does sound like a good idea. Maybe such a trailer could replace the old one for the original game, which I think plays in-game if you remain idle at the main menu for a while.
But something like that could really help to showcase our best achievements, especially those which are harder to explain without visual examples, such as weather changes.
And of course, we should make sure there's plenty of film-related content shown off, to please the fans. :keith

I don't know if it is a problem with the resolution or if it is happening just with the HMS Surprise, but the camera isn't working properly
this is the best image i could make
before installing patch 6, the camera worked just fine, with patch 6, the camera is weird

Attachments

• Sem título.jpg
    Sem título.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 187
That's a problem with the new model, unfortunately. Maybe it can be fixed at some point in the future, but for now that's how it is. :facepalm

I don't know if it is a problem with the resolution or if it is happening just with the HMS Surprise, but the camera isn't working properly
I'm aware of this, and although I know how to fix it, I haven't yet managed to do so. I will try to reach the solution as soon as I can. ;)

Cheers, mate!

On another note, the correct versions of the music packs are available again from the opening posts.

Nice update. I will install it soon. Please take a look at my list in bugtracker channel and perhaps you are able to take some of the notes seriously and provide them for the next patch. All important things are marked with big black letters, especially for Seafight difficulty.

:gday Mates,

I just try to install the lates patch Build14 Beta1_Full + Build14Beta1_Patch6_Full.

But the first thing that I test is still not solved:

We you get a mutiny with the starting lugger (with default quest line) your hero is alway on the water under the deck.
I'm afraid that the same problem is still here for some capture town.

I can't play this game with this defets. Moreover that this are not in the Build14A6 (sorry to say this but this was the last mod version that I play without to be frustrating by this kind of bug).

:shrug bye, bye,
Giuliootto

Capture Colony is partly fixed, but not fully yet. We did no work on the mutiny issue, so that works as it did in the previous patch.
I recall trying to trigger that bug before, but at the time I didn't manage to replicate it. :facepalm

:gday Mates,

We you get a mutiny with the starting lugger (with default quest line) your hero is alway on the water under the deck.
I'm afraid that the same problem is still here for some capture town.

:shrug bye, bye,
Giuliootto

The characters in the water - outside the playing area - should be fixed for the capturing of all towns - it should not occur. :no

There are still some problems with other bits of the capture colonies mod - but it should be possible to capture most of the towns / settlements.

See this post for current situation ( in Patch 6 ) ---> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/13281-making-capture-town-boarding-locators/page__view__findpost__p__389087

:ixi

I've just thought of something else we could consider for Beta 2.
We know that the 'Ship's Log' tab in the F2 menu serves no purpose whatsoever, and might never do so.
So, why not put something in its place? For example, a shortcut to the 'Maps' section might be useful, rather than having to find them in 'Items' first.
I seem to recall this being a 'Feature Request' on the Bug Tracker once, but nothing was ever done about it.
So, would it be possible, since I'm guessing it would be easier than removing the extra tab itself? :shrug

I've just thought of something else we could consider for Beta 2.
We know that the 'Ship's Log' tab in the F2 menu serves no purpose whatsoever, and might never do so.
So, why not put something in its place? For example, a shortcut to the 'Maps' section might be useful, rather than having to find them in 'Items' first.
I seem to recall this being a 'Feature Request' on the Bug Tracker once, but nothing was ever done about it.
So, would it be possible, since I'm guessing it would be easier than removing the extra tab itself? :shrug
why don't put in the ship's log the quest line in the completion order.

So, In the quest book the quest line are group by quest, and in the ship's log are list on a unique list order by date/time.

Because that requires somebody to code it who knows interfaces and there's nobody at the moment to do that.
And when we DO get somebody for it again, I'd like to get the Customize Character and Choose Flag interfaces done first and to have Capture Colonies fixed.

Are you guys still working on that trailer? I'm good at making movies. Anything I can do to help?
keith.gif

damn the best game ever made ! great job ! i will love teh patch 6 :onya

:will :will :will :will :will :will :will :will

:dance downloading :D :dance

Back