• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 1

Sorry Morgan; I DID include your item name and description changes, but forgot to add it to the feature list.
Will be rectified on the next release.

There's a lot of stuff in there that was released only after I sailed off.
I should've covered everything that was released, with the exception of the period-specific initItems.c files by Bartolomeu.

And indeed not starting a new game would mess things up.
For testing purposes, you could make a copy of your game folder and install the file on top.
Then you can keep the old version for playing, but also have a look at the changes in the new one.

I'm looking forward very much to comments, especially on the Advanced Options topic.

Hi,

What happened to sword fencing practice onboard ship ? It hasn't worked for quite a while now but is still in the dialog choices.........any chance of fixing it?
I'm not bothered about using the practice but for the sake of having a polished game I think it should be either fixed or removed :shrug

damski.

Eh? Sword practice works for me. Always has. :shrug I just started two new games on separate installs and it worked fine.

Works for me also, it's there in the dialogue with Malcolm Hatcher then you follow him outside and do the fight on the deck. What exactly doesn't work for you Damski?

although i haven't tested it in the latest version, it didn't work last time i checked. nothing used to happen.

I don't mean the standard start tutorial, I mean where at any time when you go to the deck you can talk to random crew members and ask for some training with 1, 2 or 3 opponents.
As Morgan says......nothing now happens.

AH! That was Maximus' mod. It never worked with more than one opponent.
Maybe we should hide the functionality altogether; I don't expect anyone will come around and fix it any time soon. :(

Ok, well yes it should be hidden/taken out imho. You get plenty of combat practise to improve your skills in the game, a 'cheaty' feature to level up without risk we can live without, especialy if it doesn't work! :ixi

I have gotten a ctd twice now. Both times it gives a strumming the harp sound while the coin is spinning and locks up. What causes it is that the game is looking for fleut3_44 and can't find it. This ship is in my patch 6 install but is not in my patch 7 WIP install. But patch 7 WIP is still looking for it. To confuse matters more, fleut3_44 is still in the install that uses Pieters Patch. So the question is, was it left out on purpose or accident? I could copy that ship from another install easily enough.

Fleut3_44 should be as much there as it ever was. I've got her in my game and when you install the patches properly,
you should basically end up with the same game version I've got. :wacko:

Ok, I copied it over from another install and all is well.

But!

I have run into another issue. Somewhere the word Boussole was misspelled so that this install is looking for Bousolle.

It's a French frigate that is the sister ship to the Surprise. It is used in the main quest and I have sailed it, and it seemed fine. I have not been able to find the file that is calling for it to correct or replace it. This is in the patch7 WIP install.

Does anyone have any comments on Patch 7 WIP yet? Especially the Advanced Options cleanup?

you'll probably notice a huge influx of bug reports once i start using it. the amount of reports is a good indicator of how much i play the game.

On the Advanced Options, I really have nothing to say. The stuff I change is there and a lot of the stuff I don't change is gone.

I have noticed that there are a lot of broken swords now. Did you know that when your opponent breaks his sword on you he turns and runs away? :ixi And that when you chase him down and kill him you get negative points for striking an unarmed man? :rumgone

Back