• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Beta 2.1 full - missing sound effect?

Ferdish

Powder Monkey
Hello, I've just installed Build 14 Beta 2.1 full and started "Tales of the Sea Hawk" storyline. During tutorial, I realized that there si probably missing sound effect for shootng from gun. There is a "click" from trigger and flintlock, but no sound for the actual shot. First I tried to uncheck the Safe Mode in Config window, but problem remains. Is there a way to fix it?

In the Beta 2.5 there is a sound when hitting an enemy but no sound(most) when just shooting on thin air.
Try installing the 2.5. It's better than the 2.1. It has a lot of improvement. Less Bugs? or troubles. :thumbs1:yes
Here: Build 14 Beta 2.5

Do you also not hear a gun sound when you DO hit an enemy? If you DON'T hit anyone, you do get that "click" sound.
That is a necessary evil to make the "different sounds for different guns" mod work.

Okay, I get it :).

Is there some way to uninstall that mode? I can uninstall only the game, but not the mode itself.

You want to install the WHOLE Build Mod? Can't do it; have to reinstall the game?
Why would you want to get rid of the "different gun sounds" mod??? o_O

You have to remove the game and reinstall without the mod.
Why do you want to get rid of it?

Back