• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

BUILD 14 BETA 3.1 Polish translation

Well...not so nevermind.:oops:
I get a CTD every time someone talks to me/I talk to someone.

Here are some pics of positive and negative effects. 2013-07-20_00001.jpg2013-07-20_00001.jpg2013-07-20_00002.jpg2013-07-20_00003.jpg2013-07-20_00001.jpg2013-07-20_00002.jpg2013-07-20_00003.jpg2013-07-20_00004.jpg2013-07-20_00005.jpg2013-07-20_00006.jpg2013-07-20_00007.jpg2013-07-20_00008.jpg

Anything in your error logs? Do their dialog.h exist? And are they correct? Have you tried putting the English dialog.h files in the Polish folder?

Well, you're going to need one, no? Game would try to load un-existing files otherwise. :confused:

So what should I do? BTW, thanks for all your interest and help, I greatly appreciate it, dzięki (thanks).

Last edited:
I thought I gave you that same Multi Language file. That shows you all POLISH folders that you need.
But don't use the files in there. Instead, take all current files from the ENGLISH folder and put them in there instead.
You can take whatever you can from the old versions and put that in there. http://winmerge.org/downloads/ can help.
The game should then work if you select Polish as language, even if things still look English.
Then start translating the files.

I've installed whole game and mod again and with the help of your files I created proper Polish folders and language switching works fine (English/Polish text), but I needed to apply the stock fonts again and when I've done it i have identical effects like yesterday (talking CTDs and no-text buttons), but language switching works ok.:onya

Is it the font change that causes the CTDs? EVEN if you use the original ENGLISH files??? :shock

Is it the font change that causes the CTDs? EVEN if you use the original ENGLISH files??? :shock
It looks like that.:shrug
In this post you can see the archive with the stock Polish fonts that I pasted to the game. Maybe you can find the source of problem there.
If you don't understand what I mean (I'm hard to get even for myself sometimes): pasting attached files (unpacked, of course) = pasting stock Polish fonts.

Attachments

• RESOURCE.rar
    687.3 KB · Views: 107
Stock Polish fonts? Careful with that! I'd recommend using the Beta 2.1 font files. If I recall, those have Polish characters.

Don't say that I'll have to install everything to Beta 2.1 just to take the fonts.:shock
And what with the archive, are there any files that shouldn't be there or maybe some are missing?

Attached are all font files from Beta 2.1. See if that works any better. :doff

Attachments

• Beta2-1_fonts.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 100
I was having a bit of a fight getting complex language stuff to appear as well.
Game didn't like São Jorge either. Has to be written as SÝo Jorge for some stupid reason. :facepalm

What do you suggest? You said that Polish fonts are in there. BTW, do you know how these letters should look?

I thought most of it was in there, yes. But I'm not sure, I never messed around with the fonts. :(

I have 2 choices (cause switching languages works fine anyway):
- errors and good (but sometimes too big) fonts
- stable game with some strange characters (e.g. Spanish ñ instead of Polish ń)

Are you saying ń displays as ñ? Those font files should be fixed properly some time, but it confuses the crap out of me. :facepalm

Back