• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So to get the most up-to-date version, besides the old part 2, one should install the part 1 from Aug 31 and the latest fixes from this thread as linked in the OP, currently from Dec 22?

What about the build 14 "Final" Part 1 from Dec 30 on ModDB? I can't seem to find anything about it on the forum.

EDIT: The ModDB file actually says "added 2016-Apr-2", bur "updated 2017-Dec-30". If the "updated" is just from reuploading or from changing the file's download page information then I understand, but if not, please send advice.

EDIT 2: While we're at it, some minor errors about the spanish rank names (I'm a native spaniard) as they are in the wiki (dunno if you've already fixed them in these fixes): it's "Alferez de Fragata" (this one was probably typoed when writing the wiki), and "Vicealmirante" and "Contraalmirante" (or "Contralmirante") are single words. If you wanna go the extra mile and add accents ("Alférez") say so and I can help with them; IIRC from when I played the vanilla game as a child the spanish translation had accents, so the engine supports them.

Last edited:
So to get the most up-to-date version, besides the old part 2, one should install the part 1 from Aug 31 and the latest fixes from this thread as linked in the OP, currently from Dec 22?
Correct; the files you need are the ones linked to in the opening post.
The Installer EXE here is newer than the ModDB version.

What about the build 14 "Final" Part 1 from Dec 30 on ModDB? I can't seem to find anything about it on the forum.
Is that called "final"? I thought it was "full".
Either way, the ModDB version is for Beta 4.0; the internal Beta 4.1 was never released there.

The ModDB file actually says "added 2016-Apr-2", bur "updated 2017-Dec-30". If the "updated" is just from reuploading or from changing the file's download page information then I understand, but if not, please send advice.
It must indeed be from updating the page information.
I checked last week and the upload itself is still identical to the original.

While we're at it, some minor errors about the spanish rank names (I'm a native spaniard) as they are in the wiki (dunno if you've already fixed them in these fixes): it's "Alferez de Fragata" (this one was probably typoed when writing the wiki), and "Vicealmirante" and "Contraalmirante" (or "Contralmirante") are single words. If you wanna go the extra mile and add accents ("Alférez") say so and I can help with them; IIRC from when I played the vanilla game as a child the spanish translation had accents, so the engine supports them.
I think @Homo eructus recently fixed stuff like that.
If you still find similar things that should be corrected in the latest version, we'll be very happy to hear about it. :doff

Yes, that is fixed in my common.ini, but it's not ingame yet due to the many other errors in my translation that I still haven't had the time to look over.

Yes, that is fixed in my common.ini, but it's not ingame yet due to the many other errors in my translation that I still haven't had the time to look over.
If you want help from a native with checking spanish words, names and expleitives, and specially with accentuation if you decide to include it, just say so and I'll be happy to check whatever you send me.

If you want help from a native with checking spanish words, names and expleitives, and specially with accentuation if you decide to include it, just say so and I'll be happy to check whatever you send me.

I'm a native Spaniard myself and I've been working on a full translation of the mod on and off for the last year and a half or so, aswell as addressing some of those issues you mentioned, like names and such (the revised Spanish names are already in the mod, although they only affect the randomly generated characters and ships, many predifined characters still have less than ideal names but changing them would require going through each mention of them one by one). You can check the ups and downs of my endeavour on this thread. I haven't worked on it for the last month and I probably won't be doing much for some time still though.

Untitled.png
In PROGRAM\DIALOGS\SantoDomingo citizen_dialog.c , at line 321 (under case "SantoDomingo":), the second DLG_TEXT[168] (which links to "We have a population of") should DLG_TEXT[169] (which links to "citizens") instead.

@Grey Roger, what's the status of the latest code? Can we freeze here and make ready for the new installer, or are there still changes in the works?
The plan was, and still is, to have an update just before the Christmas holiday (done); to see if anything cropped up during the holiday, and make one more update after the holiday; and then have the next installer based on the first update after the holiday.

The main event over the holiday has been the revision of the rapists scene in the jungle and the addition of a similar new scenario involving a defecting criminal. These will go into the first update of the new year, and therefore into the next installer.

(And the update to "SantoDomingo citizen_dialog.c" from @MrMister will also go in. :onya)

Add the bolded bits to internalsettings, since that's how I think thinks work currently.
#define DISCOVER_SAIL_TO 1 // BOOL - 0=OFF - Shores and ports must be discovered bysailing there manually or having the island's map before you can use Sail To
#define DISCOVER_FAST_TRAVEL 1 // BOOL - 0=OFF - Town locations must be discovered byfinding them manually or asking for directions before you can use Fast Travel

Add the bolded bits to internalsettings, since that's how I think thinks work currently.
#define DISCOVER_SAIL_TO 1 // BOOL - 0=OFF - Shores and ports must be discovered bysailing there manually or having the island's map before you can use Sail To
#define DISCOVER_FAST_TRAVEL 1 // BOOL - 0=OFF - Town locations must be discovered byfinding them manually or asking for directions before you can use Fast Travel
You're very much correct! We added that "map" and "ask for directions" functionality later and must have forgotten to update the descriptions.
Thanks for catching that! :cheers

@Grey Roger, would you see chance to update that in the files?

I have quest files again so please let me know when I should upload.
Whenever you're ready. I probably won't be able to finish off my new sidequest before I put out this month's update, especially since @Mad Jack Wolfe is waiting for it so he can build the next installer. But I do hope to have the new "Defector" encounter scenario finished off soon, and then I'll upload the update.
You're very much correct! We added that "map" and "ask for directions" functionality later and must have forgotten to update the descriptions.
Thanks for catching that! :cheers

@Grey Roger, would you see chance to update that in the files?
Done. Also removed the lines for "RELATION_IGNORE_FRIENDLY" and "SWEDEN_ALLOWED" as both are now in the "Options" menu.

Next week would be fine as well. That gives me the weekend to finish off the "Defector" encounter.

Whenever you're ready. I probably won't be able to finish off my new sidequest before I put out this month's update, especially since @Mad Jack Wolfe is waiting for it so he can build the next installer. But I do hope to have the new "Defector" encounter scenario finished off soon, and then I'll upload the update.
Don't rush on my account, mon ami. I was simply making sure I hadn't missed an important post, or if people were waiting for me to do something and I didn't realise it. :onya

Hello there mateys
Downloading as we speak all the three files linked on the first post of this thread, should be right to get the mod all updated, yes?

Last time I had a blast with NH, but it turned ugly with some random crashes, and that means plenty of random crashes.
Also what I find quite amusing is the english text but the german voice overs due to me having a stone age old 2 disc version of the game, lol. But its all the more nostalgic for me that way.
Gonna see how it turns out, cheers for the hard work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back