• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 4 Internal WIP For Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening post ZIP updated

I spent a lot of time and effort today, getting one of the big items on my To-Do List ready for the public release.
Specifically, I have redone a lot of code related to buy/sell prices for shipyards, item traders and merchants.
This is to bring some more logic into it and link it to the various play styles we now have.

You can find that and several other improvements now in a ZIP attached to the opening post.
New game not enforced. Most of this should take effect on a savegame just fine. :yes

This is the complete list of changes:

- Fixes to quest characters tavern seating by @pedrwyth
- Fixed reloading in fightmode with a musket not charged could mean firing from shoulder mode in the next location by @Jack Rackham

- Correction for Strange Character Types for random NPCs
- Delete Smuggling Coastguard ships upon escaping to worldmap
- Remove potential huge relation hit when caught smuggling ashore

Corrections to Ship Upgrade Prices (seemed to be double in some spots):
- GetCostTun modified to differentiate between buy and sell prices
- ApplyTun modified to exclude pricing (is always handled outside that function)

Ship's Log Updated:
- Include ships sunk by your companions
- Include note about the flag you were flying for the attack
- Include note on whether it was considered a legal attack or not

Improved Privateer/Navy Officer effect on prices modified:
. If shipyard functionality AND in the service of a nation, bypass skill check
. If NOT shipyard functionality, but in the service of a nation, bypass skill check and pay 50% commission (store)

Improved Merchant License Functionality:
- If NOT shipyard functionality and having a Merchant License, bypass skill check (overrides the above)
- Lose Merchant License on first unrespectable act after initial warning
- If receiving that warning and you have a Merchant License, you'll get an extra warning about it

- Governor and WIC Officer dialogs update to reflect the above

Redone Shipyard Buy/Sell Prices:
- Pirated/Captured status for ships set depending on nation relations and flags (this matches with the notes about this in the Ship's Log)
- Rename "Sell" button to indicate how the ship was acquired

- Redone "sell multiplier" for different ways you acquired a ship
- Apply this "sell multiplier" to ship upgrades and cannons as well

- Removed double effect from privateer/navy gameplay on ship sale price
- Removed double skill modifier for ship upgrades from shipyard buy/sell prices
- Getting back money from selling a ship upgrade is handled inside the function itself (no longer double)

@Pieter Boelen . I think you forgot to update the date to
I think I actually got it right this time. My signature indicates the 25th, which is today.
And the opening post has the applicable ZIP attached. I didn't change the date next to the EXE link, because I didn't update it. ;)

Opening post ZIP updated

Some more corrections:
- Skill items given to player at game start take immediate effect
- Jack Sparrow "Animists/Sao Feng" fixed so you can complete it by capturing the Crimson Blood
- Malcolm Hatcher opening dialog updated by @pedrwyth
- Item transfer should correctly update skills of player AND character being transferred with
- Always at least one soldier in the taverns
- SetCharacterToNearLocatorFromMe made more forgiving so that it will work on ship decks too
- Relation Book added to player ship chest if you follow the tutorial

Opening post ZIP updated

Some more corrections:
- Typo fix to prevent buying ships for 0 gold (and plenty error.log entries to go with it)
- Quick and dirty "fix" for that really nasty "ship encounter CTDs because of dead captains" problem

EDIT: File replaced with a better one.

Last edited:
Opening post ZIP updated

IF YOU DOWNLOADED TODAY ALREADY, PLEASE DO SO AGAIN!!!

Some more corrections:
- Typo fix to prevent buying ships for 0 gold (and plenty error.log entries to go with it)
- Quick and dirty "fix" for that really nasty "ship encounter CTDs because of dead captains" problem

@Pieter Boelen Just played a couple of minutes looks like everything works! :yes
Check your main game folder. Probably error.log contains quite a terrifying amount of entries. :shock

I think I managed to create a better and cleaner fix; see the opening post.
Hopefully this is the last I have to do about this because I've really had enough of this crap. :ko

Ah. Nearly missed it . :facepalm You're back to doing updates by zip file rather than by altering the new, smaller installer.

You're back to doing updates by zip file rather than by altering the new, smaller installer.
It got a bit bigger again and if I'm updating 2-3 files on a daily basis, it is hardly worth it to redo the EXE. :facepalm

Once we're actually ready to release Beta 4 to the public, I may redo the whole "Content Archive" one more time so that there is NO old code lying around anymore.

im just going to post my error compile and system to see if you guys find any errors or bugs im playing the standard story line and haven't ran in to any bugs that ive that i can see.

Attachments

• error.log
    2.4 KB · Views: 209
  • system.log
    27.6 KB · Views: 200
  • compile.log
    56.4 KB · Views: 213
Opening post EXE updated

Some more fine-tuning and finishing touches today, so hopefully this will make for a good step towards a release-worthy version of Beta 4.
Changes included:
- Ship sale price simplified compared to previous update
- Turn pirate as soon as the pirates reach "Wary" instead of "Friendly"
- Fixes to Claire Larrouse sidequest by @pedrwyth
- Clarified Smuggler Agent dialog by @Talisman
- Lyon Hoy improved rigging by @Hylie Pistof
- Reduced rain and storm values by @ANSEL
- Woodes Rogers expansion WIP by @Jack Rackham

Opening post EXE updated
This time with NEW GAME ENFORCED, like it truly did need!
Mainly some small corrections here and there, but also one new HUGE update: Turks town has been completely replaced!

All changes included:
- Turks town completely replaced by @Jack Rackham
- GetRandomOfficerType corrected by @Levis
- Smuggling on Eleuthera and Turks prevented by me
- All store owners set to Merchant Type by @Levis
- Smuggler Agent dialog further expanded by @Talisman
- Wine import good removed from islands where it is also contraband by me
- Attempted fix for getting "three main characters" as officers when a smuggling scout officer returns by me
- Standard Storyline Mefisto forced to be hostile by me
- Citizens not walking outside "redexit01" location fixed by @pedrwyth

Moved about 4 pages of posts to different topic etc to keep this topic clean and keep better track of stuff. so if you are missing posts check your notifications or where you'd expect it to be ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back