• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The numbers of characters in "PROGRAM\globals.c" has changed again. That means the version number needs to change as this won't work with previous saved games.

Apart from that, it's all been copied into the folder which will be the next update - thanks!

Hello everyone, I address all of you for the first time in this forum. I have the original game and the mod updated on September 2, 2019, but the game is completely blocked when I start to configure the character's interface: (country, flag, etc.) and I do it with a character that is unlocked according to the screen from below the game; It also crashes when the name of the ship is changed, so I have to use the task manager to exit the game. The original and the mod I have installed in C / Games, (outside of program files ...), and I have windows 7, 64 bits, 16 GB RAM and Nvidia GTS 450 of 1 GB Vram. I would appreciate it if you could help me solve the problem because I would love to play this great mod.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi! It's my first foray into pirate games, and I have to say it's simply amazing. I can't wait to spend more hours with this. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this mod over the years!

Also, I would like to report an issue: #stown_name# replaces the names of the towns whenever I am in 3D Sailing mode. Also, pirate ships are labeled as "pirate_ships" in the log. Is this normal? I am using the latest update courtesy of @Grey Roger .

Aside from that, I am yet to encounter any shipsinking bugs. I look forward to the future of this mod! <3

Also, I would like to report an issue: #stown_name# replaces the names of the towns whenever I am in 3D Sailing mode. Also, pirate ships are labeled as "pirate_ships" in the log. Is this normal?
No, that's not normal. For some reason the generic place-holder labels aren't being replaced by the proper town name and ship description. Are you playing in English or in one of the new translations?

Can you upload a savegame which shows this?

Roger, I see that you are online: is there a solution for blocking the character's interface? I can't edit a character to play in free mode. Every time I want to edit the ship's name or character the game crashes

Last edited:
No, that's not normal. For some reason the generic place-holder labels aren't being replaced by the proper town name and ship description. Are you playing in English or in one of the new translations?

Can you upload a savegame which shows this?

I'm playing in English, and apparently it *does* only happen in my current save. Making a new save does not exhibit any of the missing strings.

Here is the save you requested. I uploaded it to MediaFire since I can't seem to upload my save with the forum's option. Anyways, thanks so much. :)

Could you please write in English or at least translate your Spanish messages to English, @Perro Negro?

Now about your problem I haven't heard about it before maybe someone else has.

Edit: You already did it sorry, I just saw it now. :oops:

If I don't edit the character's interface or the name of the ship, let me continue with the game. I don't understand why it crashes because I have the whole game updated

Could it be a problem of incompatibility with the game in windows 7?
Maybe, try running the game with administrator rights and Windows XP compatibility and maybe it will get fixed.

At least, the game works on my Windows 7 laptops with these settings, maybe this will help you.

Where did you install the game? If it's in the default location, which is a sub-folder of "C:\Program Files", Windows' security can cause trouble. Put it somewhere else - anywhere else! Mine is in "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean", for example. My PC uses Windows 7 as well.
I'm playing in English, and apparently it *does* only happen in my current save. Making a new save does not exhibit any of the missing strings.
That implies something wrong with the savegame. Let us know how you get on with the new game.
I uploaded it to MediaFire since I can't seem to upload my save with the forum's option. Anyways, thanks so much. :)
To upload a savegame, you must first zip it with something like 7-Zip, which is free:
Download

Where did you install the game? If it's in the default location, which is a sub-folder of "C:\Program Files", Windows' security can cause trouble. Put it somewhere else - anywhere else! Mine is in "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean", for example. My PC uses Windows 7 as well.

That implies something wrong with the savegame. Let us know how you get on with the new game.

To upload a savegame, you must first zip it with something like 7-Zip, which is free:
Download

I've installed it within my F Drive, which should pose no problems...unless the game has problems we don't know of when it's running on SSD drives :ninja Thanks for the uploading tip, as well!

Anyways, my new game is fine as of now. If I may add, I think my old save got wonked when I started tweaking my Game Preferences a bit too much while in an active game. I started seeing error items in lieu of gunpowder when I disabled gunpowder for ship cannons.

Thanks so much for the assistance, and have a great day!

The character interface edition is perfect. It was my fault because I didn't use the right control keys. When editing the character did not use the enter key to confirm.

By the way, the character walks very slowly through the deck of the ship and through the rooms throughout the game. Does this happen to you?

By the way, the character walks very slowly through the deck of the ship and through the rooms throughout the game. Does this happen to you?
Are you using windowed mode or full screen mode? Whichever you're using, try the other one. My own experience is that the character turns very slowly when I use windowed mode and move freely in full screen; other people have better performance in windowed mode. Run "Config.exe" to switch mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back