• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Build 14 Queries

by the way is there a cheat mode as in build 13? I cant find it in buildsettings.h
It has been moved to the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h because the BuildSettings are now the options under the in-game Options>Advanced Options menu.
Other than that, it's the same old cheatmode:
Code:
================================
Cheats:
================================
 These only work if ENABLE_CHEATMODE is on
 at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h

Numpad 0 = Godmode
Numpad 1 = Officer 1 Fake Level-Up
Numpad 2 = Officer 2 Fake Level-Up
Numpad 3 = Officer 3 Fake Level-Up
Numpad 4 = Player Level-Up
Numpad 5 = Player Fake Level Up
Numpad 6 = + 100000 Gold and + 10000 Wealth
Numpad 7 = Cycle through reputations (increase/decrease reputation)
Numpad 9 = Trigger enemy attack (cheatmode not required)

Where can i activate the kraken or submerge/dive with the dutchman?

And by the way there isnt a line that activates cheat mode in buildsettings.h

Ive activated cheat mode thanks for help but if im leaving the port and im sailing the dutchman i dont have any special abilities! Where is the kraken?

If i press enter and i press enter again if i select abilities theres only the red cross?!?!?

By the way does it care that ive only instaled full build mod and not light version on top of it?

Should be right there:
DutchmanAbilities.jpg

Just to be sure, are you captaining the "FlyingDutchman" or "CursedDutchman"? You need the latter.
The former has a brown hull with lighter coloured sails; the correct one is the one shown above.

By the way does it care that ive only instaled full build mod and not light version on top of it?
The special abilities were added in "Build 14 Beta 2" according to the "Build Info.txt", so it should work. However, I can assure you that you DO want to install the Build 14 Beta 2.3 Light on top.
There is additional content and fixes in there. Be sure to install this BEFORE starting a new game.

I started many new games in build 14 full but does that care? I dont have build 14 2.3 and as i know all works perfect now.

Now about the dutchman.
Yes im sure i took the cursed dutchman as i think the uncursed is not my type because it isnt in the potc movies. But even the cursed doesnt have such abilities in its enter menu. Im playing the new horizons storyline and ive talked to malcolm. Then i came in the port ( i know it as oxbay but it has another name now in build 14). I already used the console so i had the dutchman and davy jones as character. Then i bought a new spyglass and went to sea. Theres that french warship waiting with two french frigates. Then i pressed enter and there wasnt any option like kraken or submerge. I tought it was because i wasnt an enemy of the french yet so i hoisted the pirate flag and the warships were my enemy. Still there wasnt any option like kraken or submerge! Maybe i have to play the hoist the colours storyline to get these abilities?

I can't remember if I had gotten the [Enter] menu to work yet in Build 14 Beta 2 or if that is part of a later update.
In any case, get Beta 2.3 Light, install it on top, then try again.

The special abilities should ALWAYS be available, regardless of storylines or whatever.
The only limit, for example, for the Kraken Attack is that you are sailing the CursedDutchman, are not submerged and no other attack is in progress at the time:
Code:
bool KrakenAttackEnabled()
{
    ref pchar = GetMainCharacter();
    if(GetAttribute(pchar, "ship.type") != "CursedDutchman")        return false;    // Only the CURSED Flying Dutchman can call upon the Kraken
    if(CheckAttribute(pchar, "KrakenAttack"))                        return false;    // No Kraken attack is available until a set time after the previous attack
    if(CheckAttribute(pchar, "ship.SubmergeDutchman"))                return false;    // No Kraken attack is available while the Dutchman is submerged
    return true;
}

That's from PROGRAM\NK.c . Are you trying to check if you do have that?

Part of the code for them, yes. But parts are spread out over other files too. That file should allow you to check whether you've got the code at all though.
But as I said: Getting Beta 2.3 Light is a good idea regardless.

You can't re-use your savegames, that's for sure. But if I understand correctly, you never did get that far anyway. :shrug

Install the latest update first, then remove all saves if they're not already gone and start a new game tomorrow. :doff

Uh? You're still running the old Beta 2.1, are you? It could be I only replaced the icon later, but I can't remember.
A properly up-to-date mod install looks like mine.

Back