• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Build 14 Queries

TheFlyingDutchman1234

Sailor Apprentice
This discussion was started in Storm Engine Modelling here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/starter.20268/

Thank u guys for this help ur gave to me. By the way I dont want that my ships appear in the next build mod because thats a very big step for me. I just want to convert my models maded in maya or 3ds max are gonna work for me in my build mod ive installed. They only have to sail on my local storm engine because it are ships like the flying dutchman as seen in the potc movies. The only dutchman i have is that one from build 14 and thats a rely nice one. But I have one a bit more detailed and i want that one but it is build in 3ds max so i am not able to sail that one.
By the way im only 13 years old and im also not able to dive/submerge the dutchman in build 13.
I still have build 13 installed with all the ships from build 14
( by the way if somebody knows how to convert abilities of the dutchman like diving/submerging and the kraken attack from build 14 to build 13 maybe u could also post that here)
Thanks for help!!

( by the way if somebody knows how to convert abilities of the dutchman like diving/submerging and the kraken attack from build 14 to build 13 maybe u could also post that here)
That's quite a lot of work. Why are you not using the Build 14 Beta?

Because in build 14 you have to play it for long while to get your favourite ships ad own designed ships. I dont wanna play the whole storyline before getting the dutchman or black pearl or victory or my own designs. But its still a great mod!! I played it for some time. But installed 13 back

By the way I dont want that my ships appear in the next build mod because thats a very big step for me. I just want to convert my models maded in maya or 3ds max are gonna work for me in my build mod ive installed.
Why don't you post some images of your work and let us be the judge of that? We might want to use your improved model; sharing these things is always worthwhile.

BTW: You can get models made in 3ds Max into the game by exporting them to FBX format and loading them in Maya 5.0 (in fact, the same is required when using Maya 2013, because 5.0 is so much older).

Because in build 14 you have to play it for long while to get your favourite ships ad own designed ships. I dont wanna play the whole storyline before getting the dutchman or black pearl or victory or my own designs. But its still a great mod!! I played it for some time. But installed 13 back
Clearly you haven't read our FAQ. There are several ways to quickly obtain specific ships in Build 14:
- Find Hendrick Vanderdecken's shipyard, which sells unique quest ships like the Flying Dutchman.
- Replace the start ship of a particular storyline via code.
- Use the console file to instantly give yourself a ship by pressing F12 in-game.

The last method is probably the best one for your purposes. We can show you what to do if need be.

Maybe you could show me something about that console ive never readen of that before. Could you please tell me how to use it and especially how to obtain those ships like the dutchman or pearl or queen annes revenge? Thanks!

I've just updated the FAQ to explain it in detail. In THIS post, refer to OPTION 2 under the first question. I hope that helps.

I've just updated the FAQ to explain it in detail. In THIS post, refer to OPTION 2 under the first question. I hope that helps.
Brilliant; thanks a lot! I added some more film character models, together with an updated note for the Black Pearl:
Black Pearl = "CursedPearl" OR "UncursedPearl" OR "BlackPearl" OR SHIP_CURSED (for skeleton crew + fog. Note: NO quotation marks)[/CODE]

In what way did it not work? It should do. If you give us some more details, hopefully we can help you get it to work properly.

Maybe its an administrator problem.But at first the resolution of our pc is 1440x900 so i changed the resolution to that in the file engine.ini. Then ive also changed fulscreen=0 to 1 so now it was fullscreen and that worked well. When i started the game i started a new i was in the storyline of the basic game with nathaniel hawk. I cant even choose between storylines like hoist the colours ir whatever. At last all of the icons were lagging such as the icon of picking up something when you have to press f3 the get the saber in the cabine at the start of the storyline. I succesfully played build 14 for a few months ago but now its lagging i dont know what to do. The loading screen also only has the potc skull on it while when i played build 14 in the past there was a english ship with a flag saying new horizons. Is everything chamged now or have i installed it wrong? In the past build 14 worked well

Thanks!

That loading screen issue sounds like something went wrong with installing. Did you install outside the Program Files folder?

At first i bought the game and installed it for the first time. I played the game a lot and then i installled build 13. Build 13 ran smoothly on my game and pc. Then ive uninstalled whole the game and i even uninstalled build 13. Then i installed the stock game and installed build 14. Then build 14 worked fine but i hated build 14 because i cant get my own ships. Uninstalled everything and i installed stock game again with build 13. Then i installed also build 14 in another directory (not upon the game) so i could transfer ships and characters into build 13. Now ive uninstalled the game with build 13 and installed game again and build 14 over it but it seems that if i open the game it still runs stock potc!?!

Thanks!

CRUCIAL INSTALLATION TIPS:
1. You MUST install this on top of the unmodified stock game
Pirates of the Caribbean, released in 2003 by Akella.
The mod is NOT a standalone game!

2. You MUST install Build 14 Beta 2.1 Full first!!!
3. Allow the installer to run RunMe.bat upon completion
- DON'T install the game to Program Files,
otherwise Windows prevents it from installing correctly
Install to, for example, C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean
Are you sure you're doing all the above?

Oh guys you rock now i can play build 14 normal like before thanks!

I saw it was able to change the starting ship and character in build 14 but it wont work in storylines like hoist the colours so thats why i played build 13 because i knew how to change the starter ship and character in build 13 and it worked because you only have one storyline in build 13 but in which storylines in build 14 will changing the starter ship and character work?

I read it wont work in hoist the colours but in which storylines will it work well because in hoist the colours it doesnt.

Thanks!

Changing the start ship works in all storylines except Hoist the Colours and Woodes Rogers (I think).
The best ones for free-play in this sense are, in chronological order: the Devlin storylines, Tales of a Sea Hawk, and Master and Commander (which has no quests yet).

Changing the start ship works in all storylines except Hoist the Colours and Woodes Rogers (I think).
Also Bartolomeu because that one doesn't have a start ship either. Doesn't matter that much anyway; the console is your friend. :shrug

Back