• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build14 beta3 full , error !

Fehd

Landlubber
Hey , I dowloaded the new build 14 beta 3 full then extracted it on top of unmoded PotC but when I tried to start the game I got the runtime error msg ! The game isn't in the C/program files , I made a sperate folder C/PotC and had fresh install here .

The error log says :

COMPILE ERROR - file: sea_ai\AITasks\AITasks.c; line: 2
can't load file: sea_ai\AITasks\AIDefend.c

Am using windows 8 . I did some readings in forums and some suggested to run the : runme thing , where is that so I can try it ? Thanks .

I have the exact same problem, and I am running Windows 7. Build 14 beta 2.5 ran perfectly, and when beta 3 was released, I made a clean install and extracted the beta 3 files onto the fresh PoTC install. Here are my log files, only the system and error log because my game does not start, it has the same error as above.

Also, my game is not installed in program files, it has it's own folder in C:/Games/Pirates of the Caribbean

Attachments

• error.log
    101 bytes · Views: 108
  • system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 86
Last edited:
Nope , didn't work . I tried the fix file from post no.18 and now got :

COMPILE ERROR - file: quests\quests.c; line: 264
function AddDataToCurrent(args:4) doesnt accept 3 arguments

You did try to install both the parts, right? (from Build 14 Beta 3 Full - Updated: 30 Sep 2013)

Give it another shot, fresh from the start.

Put the two parts(archive and installer) to a separate folder. Run the installer and point it to your main stock potc folder.
If you have an Inter(R) HD Graphics card installed, check the Intel Fix during installation.

Strange 'cause you have the same error like Darkhawk764 (http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-issue.21109/#post-462691),
and the fix Sire, Pieter Boelen attached from post no.18 worked for him. I don't know 'bout the Windows 8 part though.

There seems to be several reasons for the crashes.
1) It was downloaded before the patch in post # 18 was posted. The Part 1 is now fixed and it should work fine.

2) It seems many people did not download Part 1 at all. That will make Beta 3 not work.

3) There appears to be some problems caused by bad downloads.

I downloaded after Part 1 was fixed and got both part 1 and part 2, and also got a good download. POTC beta 3 is running fine for me on Win7.

COMPILE ERROR - file: quests\quests.c; line: 264
function AddDataToCurrent(args:4) doesnt accept 3 arguments
And ANOTHER new problem. Does this never end!?! :modding
That function wasn't even touched. I suspect either a download error or an installation error.

Well , I did remove the fix.file cuz it didn't work so am back to the 1st post problem ,
I also wouldn't be surprised if it has to do with Win8 since apperantly not many using/mention it here so i guess I will go back to older build and try again when the build is fixed .
Thanks for help everyone . much appreciated .

The Build itself isn't broken. It has been proven to install correctly, as long as Windows actually lets it do so.
Windows Security Stupidity can show up in many different and bizarre ways and mess it up though.

But the file attached to this post is the correct fix for the problem in your opening post.
For some strange reason, there were some files missing from the original upload. I have since replaced the installer EXE to include them.
So you can also get the latest installer version and do a reinstall based on that. Should have the same effect.
Try this, for example: http://piratesahoy.net/build/b14_beta3_installer.exe

Once again, I have to mention that the game works fine for me on Windows 8. Haven't downloaded the finished Beta 3 yet, but no version I've tried has given me any problems.

I un istalled the game last night and going to e install it again then try the installer.EXE file , hope it works .

The installer.EXE file didn't solve the issue , still getting the error which made more convinced that something went wrong with mod dowload maybe was inturrpted and some files went missing !
I also did some readings at ModDb forums and 1 was asking about the steps after the mod is downloaded , does he extract it right away on top of a clean PotC or unzip it then extract the unzipped file ?
That made me confused !

The installer.EXE file didn't solve the issue , still getting the error which made more convinced that something went wrong with mod dowload maybe was inturrpted and some files went missing !
I also did some readings at ModDb forums and 1 was asking about the steps after the mod is downloaded , does he extract it right away on top of a clean PotC or unzip it then extract the unzipped file ?
That made me confused !
Just place both files in the same folder (make sure they have their original names) and execute the EXE.
It should be as easy as can be with no extra actions needed at all.

ok let me see if I get this right , I place the file i got from the downloaded mod into same folder with the fresh PotC then run the EXE and point it to the them , right ?

You place b14_beta3_installer.exe and b14_beta3_full.7z in ANY folder on your computer, but NOT your PotC game folder.
If you do, it'll give an error message and not continue because that might have unintentional weird effects.

Woot , it is working :) . I did what u said and it worked , thank u Pieter and everyone else for the help :onya .

1 last question , if I tweak some game c files like changing ship or item stat do I have to start new game or there is ingame key to apply the changes ?

You can reinit all sorts with F11. Or otherwise the console is your friend. What changes exactly do you want to make?

Well am mainly trying to slow day/night cycle when at world map . time passing faster than I like at moment .
I remember there is a way to change it and make it slower just need find it unless u know where/how .

Back