• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build14 directsail no encounter

actos

Powder Monkey
Hi everyone;

When i set accurate navigation to 0 (old islandcell )i can still directsail from island to island but no encounter happen anymore (tryed patch2 and patch3 of the alpha 9.5);IF anyone can help thx.

Keep going guys Build14 final will be awesome++

I'm not quite familiar with that code and am being a bit confused now that I have a look at it.
I seem to have found a related if-else-ELSE statement, which is really weird of course. :wacko:

Indeed it did work fine in Build 13. And I know it does work with accurate navigation too.
Is there any particular reason why you don't want to use acurate navigation?

Sure..accurate navigation makes the travels very short..plus i dont like the way islands suddently pop in sight of view (i love looong and boring travels o ya XD)

Edit:in build13 i m used to play with accurate 0 /island switch at 15 000 /encounters at 2000

Hey guys new here (infact just installed the mod today) i'm a fan of realisim and for some strange reason was looking for some sort of age of sail simulator which i know assume doesn't exist. and as you can guess i like the idea of sailing from an island to another in the same 3d nice looking view(infact its why i installed the mod for 'direct sail') i just came to the forums today to see if anyone knew of a way to change direct sail and came across this post :D. where can i change the settings for direct sail and would it be possible to tweak the new directsail method to have long boring voyages but still accurate landfall instead of the cell based version?

also does the diret sail code ever load open sea 'maps' or does everything conatin an island?

First of all, I recommend installing Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 3.
As for your other question, I think the "accurate navigation" voyage length are already pretty long,
especially if you don't use any time compression.
You might want to send a PM to Screwface for more information; he made the accurate navigation version.

u have two options; u can get use to the acurate directsail mod from build14; which makes pop the island in sight of view after the landho loadingscreen and which is not distantswitchisland tweakable (if u do ull get no encounters at sea)or u can install build13 final then the directsailmod on it..so u can set the distanceswithisland as u like (and u wont have island in sight of view after the landho and i would say things like u can sail to a farsighted ennemi ship or chase him for days without seen him disapeared after a "landho" which has not the right to exist since ur only 1km of the coast (far even less).

Thank you both for the information but after playng for a while with the current direct sail i am liking how it works. as in i like how dismasted ships and flotsam/jetsam can apear without having to load a new map thats nice :D. although i supose ships have to be loaded in the 'sail ho' loading screen.

Also sorry if i kinda highjacked the thread :p

Hello and sorry for waking up this thread. :unsure
I'm new to this mod (not to the game) and really love it like no other! :onya
But now just shouted a loud "AAARRRRR" when the spanish sloop which I hunted down after an hour of sailing, disappeared after the "landho" message.... do I get it right, that I need to install some other mod to avoid this or is it some config option?

I am using Build 14 Beta 2.3 and I did not "check" the "Open Sea mod" upon installation. Is this what I should have done to catch my prize?

But anyway! Thanks for the splendid sailing excperience!

:ahoy mate!

You got caught out in a well known situation. If you know you are close to an island and might get that "land Ho!" reset, hit the "0" button to disable direct sail. This will allow you to finish the battle.

To Hylie you listen. The [0] button should help you out there. :doff

That did it! Thanks guys... but what happens if I leave this turned off all the time? Because it seems more reasonable to me not to "jump" over the seas on "land ho" messages... which seems to happen.

Pieter: Have you been watching Star Wars again? :popcorn:

I do not remember what happens if you leave it off all the time. Maybe it is needed in order for the next island to spawn its ships and such. Or maybe the next island will not appear without it. :shrug I have been playing the Open Sea mod too long........:pirateraft

Back