• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Buying new sails / sleeping in captains cabin

Wow I forgot about this idea...

The thing with mods is they need someone to do them :yes

Yeah I would like to join the modding party, but for right now I'm just enjoying the wonderful improvements people have already made. I had long given up hope for this game until last week when I discovered the Build Mod

Well give it a go... It isnt as hard as people think and if you post when you get stuck a modder is normally online to try and help :yes

If we see you as being serious about modding we will promote you to the group "modders"

I really like the idea of being able to sleep in my cabin instead of the tavern. I tried it just the other day wondering if it would work.

What about sleeping in an house that you've broken into? Could be useful and/or a little tricky in a pinch.
All can be done very easy... by our old friends - locators ;) I made and tested it once :wp It'll take some time - to add locators for each room-model and all cabins. But it'll be VERY useful: we can sleep in cabin on not friendly island. We can use some houses to hide from enemies (with some ability enabled, maybe) and etc. :cheers

P.S. Pieter - sorry for my LOOOONG silence. See you online :keith

Yeah, it might be dangerous to hide in a house. Not only could people come looking for you, but maybe the owner comes home to find you sleeping in their bed.... Ooops!

Cheers Maximus. I'm not quite present myself at the moment, but will be again next month or so.

For sleeping in the captain's cabin we could have the Ship's Steward waiting in the room to help you into bed. This way sleeping in the cabin could be similar to the tavern, or even the random people in houses who offer to help you.

Sure; just put a character there who's always there and enable the passing of time through dialog.
This would be easy enough to do in port, but... would it also be possible to enable it for sea?
That would mean that your ship's position would need to be updated during your sleep,
along with a possibility for events during your sleep for which you are awoken early.

an easier idea i noticed when you are on land away from a town talk to your crewman and u can camp out why not add that option when you are morred and the crew members are around you can ask them to fight right (witch choose 2 members to fight is still broke)why not be able to say we will moor here for xxx days like you can do in safe homes ect..

One of the things i want the most is to have some sleep in my cabin, while waiting my ship to reach its destination or at least to advance a good distance. Then our sleep would be interrupted if there is a "sail ho!" or a "land ho!", so our health is only half recovered or not recovered at all.

It is annoying to be obligated to go to the tavern to wait till the sun rises or else, specially when you are in enemy territory.

Well, it surely would need a lot of work, but we can start by the easy way then. When you moor, you should get the option to sleep in your cabin. This way there is no need to worry about locations, since your ship will remain in the same place all the time.

The "continue sail during sleep" thing might be complicated.
But making time pass should be very simple. :yes

What I do is take the bermuda sloop out, go to first person sail mode, walk into cabin, take a nap and hope that I'm not in a lifeboat when I wake. Or out in the Atlantic without a compass.

Note: Very difficult if you don't have someone to wake you when something happens :p

Hmmm....it means that it would be necessary an officer to wake you up in case of an event happening, like an attack or an aproximation to an island. If you dont have officers, you will wake up with a lot of pirates inside your cabin ready to kill you or inside a lifeboat.

Exciting.

Lol you do know I'm talking about RL right :3

Anyways, you can also take a nap with the sound turned up so at least you can be woken by wayward cannon fire!

Back