• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved cabin problem

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
I just got a new problem.

I have 2 prisoners in my hold and when I talk to them all is well, but when I leave the hold I enter a different cabin and am stuck. The only option I have is to talk to myself, but I say nothing important.

Is there a way to repair this? Will swapping ships fix it? Is this a known problem?

I just got a new problem.

I have 2 prisoners in my hold and when I talk to them all is well, but when I leave the hold I enter a different cabin and am stuck. The only option I have is to talk to myself, but I say nothing important.

Is there a way to repair this? Will swapping ships fix it? Is this a known problem?

There are no bugs that I am aware of either in GOF or GOF Eras from this function.
There are four screens normally used in all ships.
Captain's Cabin, Cannon Deck, Hold, and Wardroom.
To move between each you use an appropriate door or stairs, and if you want to go back use the reverse process.
If you want to leave the interior ship area and go back to sea, to use the appropriate sea icon.
If this icon is missing in your game in the area in question, first try to go to a different part of the interior of the ship and then bring up you action screen with the enter key.
Since these functions other than the physical dimensions of the captain's cabin are all the same for all ships, if there is an error the only thing that comes to mind is corrupted code.

Yeah, it must be corrupted code as there are only 2 places to go. The cabin and the hold.

Yeah, it must be corrupted code as there are only 2 places to go. The cabin and the hold.

Hylie,

I need to make a slight correction to my statement due to haste.
I did a quick test by swapping various types and sizes of ships under command by the player character by console command scripts.
Not all ships have cannon decks and wardrooms as this applies to most Class 5 ships and above, HOWEVER the "sea icon" should be available where ever you are in the interior of the ship to go back to sail mode, and should never be missing from the captain's cabin EVER.
I still suspect some type of code corruption in basic functions.
If you tell me what ship type you are sailing (SHIP_?????), I can crosscheck this, and let you know if there is code problem in your game.
I also know what files need replaced if they are corrupt since I assume you are using GOF 2.0+.
This is a failing of Akella's script code process, because one error in typing characters when updating can break functions fairly easily.
Fortunately, they are just as easy to fix.

I do not do code and do not know where that SHIP_?????? stuff is located. In GMViewer the ships I tried this on are Caravel1 and Dutch Pinnace1.

I have never attempted to go anywhere except the cabin and the hold. This used to work as I hired captured officers and then went back to my correct cabin. It is possible to get back to sea in the hold, but not after going back to the wrong cabin.

This cabin situation is evolving. I always had the small cabin and could only go to the hold and back, then the larger cabin started appearing, and now I always have the larger cabin and can now go to the gun deck and wardroom.

Methinks it was broke but is healing itself. :8q

This cabin situation is evolving. I always had the small cabin and could only go to the hold and back, then the larger cabin started appearing, and now I always have the larger cabin and can now go to the gun deck and wardroom.

Methinks it was broke but is healing itself. :8q

If you switch ships, the cabin will change as well as the basic layout.
As you will know, the captain's cabin, deck types, and boarding types are all defined in ships_init.c
Therefore the game did "fix itself" in a matter of speaking.
That is why I wanted to double check the ship model types you were using, because if there was a problem it could be corrected quickly.

I am now sailing the Heavy Galleon (galeon_h1)and it started off with the small cabin, then bounced back and forth between small and medium, and now is solidly medium. All's well that ends well.

Back