• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Can´t trade

Wurstkopp

Landlubber
Since last build, I´m not able to trade anymore. I can do missions from the store, but cannot buy food, rum, Ammo, or other trade goods. If I want to buy anything at the store, the trade screen opens, but I cannot raise the amount of trade goods, I want to buy, but I´m able to sell them. I have enough money and enough space in my cargohold. Now my crew does not have anything to eat, or drink. This bug is on every island, since starting the game.

Huh! That's an odd error. When you try to buy something, does it show a negative number, like -1?

I thought that was fixed? Are you playing the latest build? (Build 14 Beta 3 Full - Updated: 30 Sep 2013)
I have experienced that before, but on the stock potc and I don't recall experiencing it using any build. (I've tried Build 13, Build 14 Beta 2.1 and Build 14 Beta 2.5)
And right now, I'm having a sweet time playing the latest build(with no major problem encountered, thus far)..PLUS NO CRASHES! :dance
-just follow the instructions correctly during installation-
  • Put both Parts on a folder
  • Install stock potc (outside program files)
  • Run the installer(Part 1)
  • Point it to your main game stock potc folder
  • Make sure main files is checked during the install
  • Configure settings and play :onya
And if you experience a runtime error or something after the install, try using this fix: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/

Sure... I´m thankful for every help. Btw, thank you for this great mod. PotC was once my favourite game, now it became interesting again....

Attachments

• -=T1=- Saint Martin.zip
    653.4 KB · Views: 82
I tried your save seadogs2_0005.jpg(This is your profile right?) Its all good to me:seadogs2_0000.jpg seadogs2_0001.jpg seadogs2_0002.jpg seadogs2_0003.jpg seadogs2_0004.jpg
..its just that I can't save(so you can see), maybe your modifications didn't match mine..what version are you using again?

You should try the latest September 30th(Look Sire, Pieter Boelen's signature).
Well, not sure how this changes anything but let's just wait for what the others would have to say.
Your save looks alright to me regarding your buying problem.

If Wurstkopp has the Sept. 29 version then he probably has the bad EXE. I would suggest downloading the EXE and trying again.

The bad EXE would cause the game not to run at all.

Anyway, I tested this on my game version which is pretty much the same as the Beta 3 public release: no problem at all, works just fine. o_O
You could try to use the "Auto Buy" button, but that is more of a work-around and not really a fix, of course.

I treid to install the mod version from September, 30th, but the install wizard installs the 29th, even if I delete the modpack from the 29th.

Does it say that in the intro screen? If so ignore it. I have the latest exe and mine says Sept. 29 in the intro screen.

How big is your exe?

No, not the engine.exe. I was talking about the exe in your Build 14 Beta 3 final installer folder.

Hmm, do you have 2 or 3 files in your installer folder? The latest version has 2.

The official public release was compiled on 29 Sep 2013. I did have to make a couple of small changes afterwards, but didn't change the date for those.

Back