• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Cannons don't fire

adambologna

Landlubber
Okay, so every now and again, my, and other ships cannons stop firing at each other. they reload and you press fire and the shout sounds but the guns do not go off and the shot and powder in the hold does not decrease.

Is there a solution for this problem?

More information is needed. What build and beta are you using, and have you added any WIP files recently?

Ah, yes I was a little vague. My apologies
Build 14.3, latest files, including the WIP files released recently. Furthermore the issue seems to occur after entering open sea, each set of cannons can fire once and then the problem starts.

okay, so I installed the fix you gave and, so far, the issue has not repeated. Many thanks. I shall keep an eye on it and in form should it reoccur.

So the attempted lag-fix doesn't fix the lag but does cause some weird issues.
I'll restore that code back to its original state for the next version I post.

While I personally did play a full sea battle with working cannons on that fix, the particles on my steam frigate didn't seem to work right all the time.
So definitely something wrong there. :facepalm

Meanwhile, I've been playing "Chronicles of Horatio Hornblower" under Beta 3.5 and have also experienced the problems with cannons not firing, which made the battle against the Temeraire a bit boring. My experience was that only my guns stopped firing, for no apparent reason; and that after a while, also for no apparent reason, they started firing again. The Temeraire was still firing, mostly at me, and the Justinian fired at the Temeraire whenever it happened to be pointing the right way. While my guns were affected there would be the usual vocal announcement, something like "Four!"; the guns would unload; there would be a distinct lack of smoke, flame, and cannonballs being sent in the general direction of the Temeraire, and my stocks of powder and cannonballs were not depleted. I'll see whether Hylie's fix helps when I next do a bit of privateering on the side.

I'll see whether Hylie's fix helps when I next do a bit of privateering on the side.
Probably does. That restored the relevant code to Beta 3.4 state which is clearly going to be a good idea.
At least we now know that the performance fix doesn't work right.... :wp

Back