• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Cannot Loot Corpses under "Go to Ship" Icon

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Also on the Blackbeard looting, with Auto Loot on as per the Build default settings, you'll still get the sword even if you cannot loot manually.

Isla de Muerta : When fighting Blackbeard, you have to watch he dont died when the ship icon appears, you cant
lot him, no lot icon appears.It seems like the ship icon extend to far into the shore.
The only simple solution I can think of would be to add a second jungle location further inland with Blackbeard in that one instead.
The action key probably takes you to the ship but cant you use the action menu to loot the body? The option should be in there to right?
As for the Enter menu, apparently that doesn't work. Which is quite weird really.
Louis says . The action key probably takes you to the ship but cant you use the action menu to loot the body? The option should be in there to right?
No way, nothing to do, no lot corps icon appears in the action menu.;)
Its a locator problem I think.You can see it to the right on the beach,in the cliff and vegetation.
There are waves in the cliff and trees.

@ANSEL can you make a topic in the bug tracker and upload a savegame?
I see its already in the bug tracker, marked as solved? But could we not add something like there was before whit the mysterious coin, so you will have the sword
automatically when defeating Blackbeard?

Last edited by a moderator:
I see its already in the bug tracker, marked as solved? But could we not add something like there was before whit the mysterious coin, so you will have the sword
automatically when defeating Blackbeard?
As I said, when you use the Build default setttings with Auto Loot ON, that is exactly what will happen.
You get your enemy's blade, gun and money automatically.

As I said, when you use the Build default setttings with Auto Loot ON, that is exactly what will happen.
You get your enemy's blade, gun and money automatically.
OK. I will put up whit this, but I really don't like auto looting.:rolleyes:

please upload a savegame of the situation cause it should work in all modes ...

Here you are :

Attachments

• -=Player=- Isla de Muerta. Witch's Rock May 20th, 1813 1.zip
    707.4 KB · Views: 95
Turns out this is a much more general bug, since I was able to trigger it in Port Royale harbour as well.
The "Go to Ship" icon overrides any looting options, which it should not do.

Reminder for myself to look at this once I'm awake again ... I should really go to bed now ...

You've been awake UNTIL NOW? Sleep well, then! I'll be getting to work now. Real work. :cheeky

You've been awake UNTIL NOW? Sleep well, then! I'll be getting to work now. Real work. :cheeky

I was invited for a (sort of) D&D game this evening which took a bit longer then expected ("just one more dungeon") and I wanted to finish the fetch quest :p, so people can test it and comment on it asap.

@Pieter Boelen do you know from the top of your head where these "buttons" are generated?

Must be one of the files in PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE . I only generally edit BattleInterface.c and it is definitely NOT that one, since that one is for on sea.
Searching for "VISIT_DECK" in that folder will probably lead you to the relevant code.

I think this fixes it. I can't get the problem anymore at least.
Could @Pieter Boelen or @ANSEL try it for me to?
Put the file in \PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE

Attachments

• LandInterface.c
    58.2 KB · Views: 118
This doesn't seem to work, I'm afraid. It is very easy to test this. I did it this way:
1. Start new game on Assassin storyline
2. Enable godmode (just easier for testing)
3. Attack one of the citizens carrying weapons
4. Walk down the pier until the "Go to Ship" icon appears
5. Wait until someone attacks you and kill that character
6. Try to loot that character

You don't need to go all the way to Isla de Muerta to test this, because it is just a general gameplay issue
that happens to be extra-annoying on Isla de Muerta because the item involved is much more special.

I did this and it worked for me....

Looks like this works now. :onya

Few things I noticed though:

1. My game stutters sometimes when I am just walking around; whether that is related to anything, I do not know. Maybe I just need to reboot. :shrug

2. When passing over a corpse that lies on the end of the pier, the text displays swaps rapidly between "body of someone something" and "Ship".
This is probably quite harmless, but does look odd. Also, if indeed the same function is called rapidly after each other,
that might explain why the game is always so sluggish whenever you walk over any corpse locator.

3. The following message repeated a LOT of times in error.log:
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: battle_interface\landinterface.c; line: 1285
missed attribute: boxname
RUNTIME ERROR - file: battle_interface\landinterface.c; line: 1285
no rAP data

Back