• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build New Fetch Quest for 3.3 Needs Testing

something is really weird:
Code:
Check for store: Turks and group: Turks
get cargo for: Sir Richard
Check for store: Hispaniola and group: Santo_Domingo
get cargo for: Sir Richard

thats the _refstore.name and _refstore.group which result in giving sir richard as a town

@Pieter Boelen HA! Found it!
This ledme on my way:
Code:
// NK I have rewritten store group to just be town name. Yay, speed. 05-07-10

And so I started to look if they group was the right town ID and in those two cases there was a little problem.
Turks is now named "Grand Turks" so changed that. and for Snato_Domingo the underscore had to be removed.
I dont get the error anymore now. But I dont know what kind of concequenses this will have....

Attachments

• store_init.c
    11.2 KB · Views: 122
Noticed this in one of my compile.log files:
Code:
FETCH QUEST: Update all cargos
FETCH QUEST: make fetch quest for Cozumel with 1 towns. Pick town Cozumel
Cozumel does not actually have any real town at all, so should probably be excluded from the Fetch Quests.

Last edited:
This should prevent an error when there is no valid shop on the islands, so it will exlude cozumel.

I check the rIsland.towns.quantity to see how many towns there are. But then in the town I check again what kind of shops there are. For Cozumel this should return 0 so not fetchquest will then be generated (after this update at least).

Attachments

• quests_common.c
    150.5 KB · Views: 96
@Pieter Boelen HA! Found it!
This ledme on my way:
Code:
// NK I have rewritten store group to just be town name. Yay, speed. 05-07-10

And so I started to look if they group was the right town ID and in those two cases there was a little problem.
Turks is now named "Grand Turks" so changed that. and for Snato_Domingo the underscore had to be removed.
I dont get the error anymore now. But I dont know what kind of concequenses this will have....
Indeed that does seem to have done it! :bow

Tried the Standard and Assassin storylines and no more error.
I removed the CheckAttribute again so that at least it will be obvious if it DOES happen somehow again.

I would really like an updated installer somewhere soon now so we have the same version again :p, just to be sure.
All of those errors you mentioned are not game breaking and probally easy to fix.

Confirmed also on La Croix. And good thing that Cozumel fix is now here!
I did this test just before installing it and it generated a Fetch Quest for Cozumel TWICE!
Code:

I would really like an updated installer somewhere soon now so we have the same version again :p, just to be sure.
All of those errors you mentioned are not game breaking and probally easy to fix.
Currently making a clean install of the previous installer. After dinner, I'll do a WinMerge with my current version so I can update everything.
Didn't want to do that while I was still in the middle of making a mess, trying to figure out what was happening with this thing here. :facepalm

it might still give that message in the compile log but the fetchquest wont be made actually.

Yep, you're right that it does still show in the compile.log file. Just got this one with your latest code included:
Code:

Thats because the trace is before the check if its cozumel. I prefer it to be that way tough. For the final release we problably disable the traces

New:
- Blacksmith added to fetchquest
- Improved (I think) payout for the convoy quest
- Included fix for not looting at locators
- Fixed bug where you could not talk to the crew member after waiting

Attachments

• FETCH_BLACKSMITH_AND_FIXES.zip
    97.2 KB · Views: 82
I'm now using the version of Beta 3.3 which was posted over the weekend plus the zip file with updates posted early this week. Possibly not the latest zip file, though. So it's possible the following has been fixed. Meanwhile, I'm playing the "Brave Black Flag" storyline as it's a relatively new one, and it's essentially a free play which makes it suitable for testing various new stuff. As it turns out, a fetch quest has been generated quite quickly, and was even within reach - I found out about it in a tavern on Guadeloupe, it's the tailor at Curacao who wants help.

The quest won't be completed for a while, at least in real time. Partly because it showed up towards the end of the last playing session. Partly because the little tub with which you start "Brave Black Flag" hasn't a big enough hold to carry the 400+ cotton required, which means I'm going to have to steal something with a bigger cargo hold. And partly because I made the mistake of leaving locked perks enabled to try that out as well, meaning I can't get all the fencing perks as soon as I'd like, meaning boarding is very difficult.

But I can tell you that it's fouled up the quest book.
questbook1.jpg

There's a new blank line at the bottom of the book which can't be clicked. And all the rest are now out of sync. If I click on one quest title, I get the completion report for another quest. And if I click on that "Artois Voysey" title:
questbook2.jpg

This looks like a failed attempt to put the fetch quest into the quest book which does not include any details of who wants help, where, with what sort of cargo to be fetched.

I believe that line is fixed in the latest version which you probably dont have, i remember fixing it

The Fetch Quests do not make use of the GetTownStoreOwnerIndex, GetTownShipyardOwnerIndex and GetTownShipyardOwnerIndex functions, do they?
So there it would not require a GetTownBlacksmithOwnerIndex function to be added to PROGRAM\Towns\Towntable.c?

Just in case, I will add the function anyway:
Code:
int GetTownBlacksmithIndex(string sTownName)
{
   ref refStore;
   if (!TownExist(sTownName)) return -1;
   refStore = GetTownStore(sTownName);
   if (!CheckAttribute(refStore, "blacksmith")) return -1;
   return GetCharacterIndex(refStore.blacksmith);
}
If we don't need it now, perhaps in the future we will. :shrug

It doesnt use that no, It uses the defined stores. I added the blacksmith there instead.

That function reads from the defined stores too. But you do it directly then, eh? Good, good. :onya

Ah right :p.
Yeah its easier for me to do it directly cause I just loop trough all different things defined there and see if any match one for which a fetchquest is set.

After installing the contents of the latest zip file update, the game didn't accept my previous saves so I had to restart, which didn't bother me as I hadn't got very far. So I restarted "Brave Black Flag", went through the tutorial again, and got a fetch quest right away. Part of the beginning is that you need to get your ship repaired at the shipyard, where the first thing the owner said was that he needed sailcloth. I hadn't even been to the tavern to check the news. Fortunately, a couple of Dutch merchants had made the mistake of getting too close to the pirate settlement, so I captured them and then headed for Guadeloupe to get some sailcloth. (The store also has a good selection of maps and perk-unlocking books, as I'd found out during the previous game.)

When I got back to Nevis pirate settlement, I checked the tavern news, where it seems there's now a shortage of sailcloth across the Caribbean. Including Point a Pitre, where I'd just bought a shipload of the stuff, though not enough to wipe out their stock.

fetches.jpg

It used to be a problem that fetch quests were too rare. Perhaps they're now too common?

Back