• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build New Fetch Quest for 3.3 Needs Testing

Just got this:
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: quests\quests_common.c; line: 511
missed attribute: island
no rAP data
Refers to:
Code:
     if(!fetchquest)
     {
       if(rand(75)<1)
       {
         int townnum = rand(GetIslandTownsQuantity(tisland.id)-1)+1;
         if(townnum>0)
         {
           ref ttown = GetTownFromID(GetTownIDFromIsland(tisland.id, townnum));
           if(DEBUG_FETCH_QUEST) trace("FETCH QUEST: make fetch quest for "+tisland.name+" with "+townnum+" towns. Pick town "+ttown.name);
           cargoid = GenerateFetchCargo(ttown);
           AnnounceFetchQuestEvent(sti(ttown.island), cargoid); // <-- That Line???
         }
       }
     }
Also, does that 75 make Fetch Quests more/less common?

it makes the more common, in the new file I uploaded for the shotgun mode I decreased it to 60 again.
Do you have your compile.log also from when this happened?

Not anymore, sorry. It was in the middle of me doing all sorts of things. :facepalm

Seems there is a town without an island attribute. Will look into this later tonight.

Couple of thoughts after testing Levis' latest fixpack.
Standard storyline, level 20, Arcade mode.

Fetch quest for blacksmith in Grand Turks: I was asked to deliver 63 gunpowder for 20 730 of reward. I guess it was about the gunpowder for pistols. I opened the dialog once again to check if there is a possibility to deliver it in parts, as because I can only carry 24 it was the only logical solution. There was an option in the dialog saying something along the lines "I have the goods you asked for" and.. the quest was done. I got the money, quest book got an update. And I still had 24 gunpowder in my inventory. So free money, that was.

Its the good gunpowder not the item
Then it doesn't really make sense. You always have gunpowder with you and 63 is so little that I thought the blacksmith meant the pistol gunpowder. Making it 63.000 instead of 63 would make more sense, with the reward being the cost of that gunpowder +20k in this case. Just a suggestion.

Then it doesn't really make sense. You always have gunpowder with you and 63 is so little that I thought the blacksmith meant the pistol gunpowder. Making it 63.000 instead of 63 would make more sense, with the reward being the cost of that gunpowder +20k in this case. Just a suggestion.
The amount is randomized, the higher lvl you are the more it will ask. Also there are more goods it can ask. Problem is there arent many goods related to guns, hence i took this One.

Gunpowder does come generally in MUCH higher quantities than any of the other goods.

Thats Why i want the iron good :p.
and from level 10 or so he can also ask for silver, do then you have your work cut out.

Sir Richard is back:
Code:
FETCH QUEST: make fetch quest for Isla de San Martin with 7 towns. Pick town Sir Richard
Error.log:
Code:
missed attribute: island
no rAP data
This was on Early Explorers time period, so there ARE no towns on Saint Martin.

AH guess there should be a check for the disable attribute for a island and town to make it skip let me see where I should add that

It may be that the following have been fixed in a later update - new zip files were being produced almost daily, if I'd kept up to date then I'd never have got anything done! Anyway...

A shipyard fetch quest results in that town having none of a key supply for ship repairs. I can't repair my ship and neither can the shipyard. With fetch quests being so common, it is becoming very difficult to repair my ship.

The tailor fetch quest does not unlock "Advanced Commerce". I've done two of them and the perk is still locked.

Maybe they don't. Nevertheless, if a shipyard has a fetch quest for sailcloth, for example, then it won't repair my sails. And there's none in the store so I can't repair them myself.

So there's a shortage of sailcloth across the Caribbean. Guadeloupe has plenty in stock, and I've got a Heavy East Indiaman which I captured because my own ship doesn't have the cargo capacity to take the amounts needed for a quest. I stuff the Heavy East Indiaman's hold with as much sailcloth as I can carry, then proceed to Barbados, which to nobody's surprise has a shipyard fetch quest due to a lack of sailcloth. I'm hoping to just go in, tell the shipyard owner that it's his lucky day because I have a load of sailcloth for any shipyard which needs it, but the fetch quest fails to recognise this. Apparently "fetch" is literal, you have to go away and get the stuff even if you're already carrying it. :(

Is it not possible to ask him about a job, finish the dialog and then give him the sailcloth straight away after accepting it?

The amount of Fetch Quests is reduced in Beta 3.4 RC 1 compared to the versions of last week and there is more variety because blacksmiths are included now too.
So you shouldn't be getting the same "shipyard sailcloth Fetch Quest" all the time anymore.
If it does still happen like that, indeed some more balancing on these is required.

What about the problem that tailor fetch quests failed to unlock "Advanced Commerce"?

Is it not possible to ask him about a job, finish the dialog and then give him the sailcloth straight away after accepting it?
No. I tried that right away. He didn't like me very much anyway because I was in Bridgetown and this was "Brave Black Flag", but even a hostile storekeeper or shipyard owner will offer fetch quests. After I'd accepted the quest, all he said was the usual thing about not dealing with someone of my nationality and reputation.

Anyway, fetch quests don't really interest me and I'll probably ignore them - plenty of other, potentially more interesting stuff for me to test! I'll not be leaving locked perks enabled again, so I won't need to do fetching for that. So the only real effect will be the shortage of ship repair materials, and if that still happens too frequently then I'll report it. What do blacksmiths want to be fetched?

I haven't played the Fetch Quests yet myself, but am hoping to do so soon.

Hostile merchants providing Fetch Quests might indeed cause a problem when completing them.

I hope @Levis can look into the various issues you reported later today.

What do blacksmiths want to be fetched?
Was it gunpowder? I think it was. Can't remember and can't check my game files right now either.

Hostile merchants aren't a problem, as far as I can tell. If you've been and done the fetching, as opposed to just having the stuff with you, then even a hostile merchant gives you the option to hand over the cargo as well as telling you that he refuses to trade with you. When you're desperate, you'll accept the stuff from anybody. xD

Fair enough! At least that isn't potentially game-blocking then. Good to know. :onya

Back