• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build New Fetch Quest for 3.3 Needs Testing

normally you shouldn't be able to get the stuff from the store ....

but I think I know whats causing this. will fix it

I added the possebility to have 2 fetch quests per island but the check in the store only checks for 1 fetchquest so that was causing it. Will take a look at the savegames from @HellSailor now and see what is wrong there.

So should the fetchquest be included in the questbook or not? If so I have to set a maximum of fetchquests you can do at once, Say 3

its in the shiplog now. There it means you can have an infinite number of fetch quests active at one moment.

How many would you really have at the same time? Infinite sounds a bit much. :shock

How many would you really have at the same time? Infinite sounds a bit much. :shock

Well I can imagine you having to get a cargo somewhere and picking another on up there.
So I'd say 3 would be probably the max you have going on.
I only say its possible to have it. When I'm going to put it in the questbook there will be a max. And do you really think it should be in the questbook?

I only say its possible to have it. When I'm going to put it in the questbook there will be a max. And do you really think it should be in the questbook?
Would make it more consistent with all other quests. :shrug

hmmm...okay I will try it tomorrow....

Fetch quests are still broken. The amount you need to fetch is tiny, presumably so even a starting character in a little lugger or similar can do them. And perhaps as a way to get people to do fetches, they occupy the top slot in the shop's dialog, which means if you're used to just going in and pressing "Space" a couple of times to get the first two normal default answers, you can find yourself stuck with a fetch quest if you're not careful. So there I am at Saint George blacksmith (in the "Nelson's First Command" time period, Grenada is now British) and have just pressed "Space" as I normally would to repair current weapon, repair to top quality, and instead I've to bring him 88 units of gunpowder. Next thing I get to say is that I've got the stuff, which isn't hard as I have several thousand units of gunpowder to keep my cannons fed. That nets me some money and +1 reputation.

The quest isn't cancelled, which means I get to do it again. And again. +1 reputation isn't doing much for me because I'm already Hero, and reputation gains by you rub off on your companions which means my regular boarders are also Hero. But this is when I finally realise that this looks like a great way to get one of my less reputable officers up to something decent. Unfortunately, that's when the blacksmith finally realises he's not short of gunpowder any more.

I wasn't paying close enough attention so I'm not sure, but I'm going to guess that the quests kept coming as long as I was still in dialog with the blacksmith. Once I quit the dialog to go to the "Passengers" screen and re-assign officers, that may have put an end to them. Next time I'm going to need to assign the naughty officer to the active team before I take the first quest...

Incidentally, is any check made to prevent a quest to fetch a commodity which is marked as an export at that colony? If it's an export then it's being produced there and the shop doesn't need to pay you silly money and wait for you to bring the stuff. He just needs to wait until the plantation, lumberyard or gunpowder mill down the road has made its next batch.

Fetch quests should have an expiration date for them. I accidentally ended up with quite a collection of them and they just cluttered up the quests book.

They have, but for now it wont go from the questbook untill you talk to the questgiver to hear its expired.

The fetch doest check the export yet cause i want to rewrite that part first.
the quest should end but indeed it does when the dialog ends (i believe). And it seems i made a mistake there.
the amount you need to fetch is independent of your ship. Only your rank and difficulty affect it. Its possible to find small fetches and large ones. Gunpowder is a place holder atm im Working on adding goods which make more sense but they first need to be in the game...

Hmm...i need to check but should be round 3 months or less i believe.

I have one that is a full 3 years old and I have been back to that shipyard many times.

Back