• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Can't board anyone, can be boarded

Dear Sirs,

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster :) I too have started experiencing the boarding issue. It seems to have started after I acquired the Frederik William zu Pferde class. I've played the same game now for ages, My character is at Level 36, I've boarded & captured over 110 ships. The only thing I edited was the Waterline setting for the FWzP, as water could be seen on the lower gun-deck. To incorporate this change in my game, I then did a reinit & waited till I got a new one.

Everything appeared sweet, till I tried to approach & board the next ship I came across.. Was a solution to this in 1.2 discovered? In my attempts to resolve, I've tried the above posted suggestions, alas to no resolution.. I'm fairly PC / Modding savvy, so any hints, tidbits or general info would be appreciated.

Ps, thanks to all who have helped turned this initially bug-ridden game into something of beauty that is more than worth persevering with!! May the force be with us!

Well, same here. Can't board anyone. I can do it at the beggining of the game, but after a few hours of play suddenly I can't do it anymore. I have tried versions 1.2, 2.01, 2.03 and 2.04 (couldn't find any other versions), fully reinstalled the game, played around with the battleinterface.c file, restarted with different characters... and nothing.

It is frustrating, really, because the mod is wonderful. But this detail makes it unplayable.

Suggestions, anyone?

Do not use Beta software for "production".
"production" in this context being "a game i use and expect to work and that i cry over if i am stuck and have no way to fix it.
..and GOF 2.0 and subsequent are clearly labeled as BETA.

" and i figured it would be nice for you guy's to feel involved. I am also hopping that some of you might be interested in helping develope GOF 2.0, the main aim is not to add new features just yet but to fix issues within the mod and game."

Another thing is that you cocked up the game...
the install instructions say "COAS + GOF"

"1. Install a fresh copy of COAS.
2. Download and install Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0 Full Mod ( requires 7zip and is a self installing file, just guid the installer to where you installed COAS.)"

It is obvious that none of the things you messed around with made it better, but created a complete mess by mixing old and new files in the same game.

and no, going back with a new copy of COAS+GOF 2, and then puttiing the old savegames in there will not fix things, because that bug is not fixed.

In other terms...
That career... for the moment, you can forget it.

... i realize i sound like an ass right up there, and would like to apologise for the "tone" of the message.
Best intentions...

I'm new here and would first like to thank anyone who has helped with the coas mod as it has made the most amazing game i've ever played. Even after running into the game breaking mod discussed throughout this thread, i was however wondering if there was a difinitive fix found for this problem yet as i am running gof 1.2 patch 1.0 and am still running into this problem :( please anyone post detailed instructions if there is a fix, thnaks in advance.

Ach! I got this bug as well after I captured that top of line French vessel, Soleil Royal, that's not her name, it's her model, I renamed her Schwarz Teufel, maybe I should forget this gameplay and download 2.0 instead...

I've been looking to solve this problem and found a possible solution. The boarding action uses a lot of variables in three different files.
Program\battle_interface\BattleInterface.c
Program\SEA_AI\AIShip.c
Program\characters\CharacterUtilite.c

Making all the research I did so far short, the problem is that for some reason (still looking for it) any ship is not able to be board. They can board you because another conditions in the code control this.
The work around so far is simple. In file CharacterUtilite.c replace "return sti(rCharacter.Abordage.Enable);" with "return true". It should be replaced inside the following function in this file.

bool Character_IsAbordageEnable(ref rCharacter)
{
if (CheckAttribute(rCharacter, "AlwaysFriend"))
{
return false; // boal
}
if (CheckAttribute(rCharacter, "Abordage.Enable"))
{
//return sti(rCharacter.Abordage.Enable); //Original
return true; //New
}
return true;
}

The problem is that "rCharacter.Abordage.Enable" is always "false" for every ship so you cannot board them. I'm looking for an answer for this. You do not need to start a new game or anything else.

I've been looking to solve this problem and found a possible solution. The boarding action uses a lot of variables in three different files.
Program\battle_interface\BattleInterface.c
Program\SEA_AI\AIShip.c
Program\characters\CharacterUtilite.c

Making all the research I did so far short, the problem is that for some reason (still looking for it) any ship is not able to be board. They can board you because another conditions in the code control this.
The work around so far is simple. In file CharacterUtilite.c replace "return sti(rCharacter.Abordage.Enable);" with "return true". It should be replaced inside the following function in this file.

bool Character_IsAbordageEnable(ref rCharacter)
{
if (CheckAttribute(rCharacter, "AlwaysFriend"))
{
return false; // boal
}
if (CheckAttribute(rCharacter, "Abordage.Enable"))
{
//return sti(rCharacter.Abordage.Enable); //Original
return true; //New
}
return true;
}

The problem is that "rCharacter.Abordage.Enable" is always "false" for every ship so you cannot board them. I'm looking for an answer for this. You do not need to start a new game or anything else.

You are an absolute godsend!

I had no trouble capturing/boarding ships of all kinds but just now I was defending against a French captain who tried to kill me for rejecting her quest, but there was no boarding option this time.

I used your fabulous fix and presto, It worked! I am now the proud owner of a class 4 ship in addition to 800k pirate moneys found on her ship??? I think I need to give some of that away as it broke the pacing of the game.

For the record I'm playing GOF 1.0 or 1.2 - haven't worked out which one it is lol. Thanks so much for this. It saved my game!

Back