• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved can't buy anything in stores

Capain Tiems

Powder Monkey
Hi,

I'm playing the assassin storyline, and whenever I talk to a storeowner, there are only 2 options, ask for a job and leave, I cannot buy anything from him.

What town are you in? What is your relation to the nation of that town?

first i was is in speighstown and I am neutral with england, after that went to kralendijk, with holland is letter of marque

I am free playing that storyline and outside of the shelves being bare all is well with the stores.

What is your reputation?

AH! That would probably explain it. Store owners aren't too fond of swindlers.

Indeed I am quite surprised that he doesn't tell you to leave or he'll call the guards.
Which store owner are you talking to?

AH! I just checked the code and I think I understand why the quests were available, but the trading not.
There is some code in place so that if you've got a trade quest for them, you can complete that quest despite being a Swindler.

Hey Ho,

since this is about stores already, I might as well post about one bug that I encountered regularly. Sometimes, when I am on an island, all the traders have 0 money. That goes for street merchants of all kinds and storekeepers alike. The entire island is always affected by this bug, making it impossible to sell anything there for the time being. So far I have no idea, what may cause it. It doesn't happen too often and I am not sure if I encountered it in Build Beta 3 yet.

That.... is really weird. Are you using the Beta 3 WIP version yet? There the store owners should be using different money. :shock

Yes I do. So far I have not encountered it. But given that it takes a lotta more time to get around now and that it is kind of a rare thing, I don't think my observations cover a lotta ground.

Oh well, as long as people keep an eye out, we'll find stuff. Eventually. :cheeky

You are already on another quest so the merchants are disabled. Complete whatever quest you are on and everything will be back to normal.

No no no. Let us say that you are on the Animist quest in San Juan where you get ambushed on the shore. When you walk into town to talk to the priest you are on that quest and the merchants have no money. You have to go back to your ships and sail into port and then all of the merchants have money.
There are other side quests like that also, but I can't remember them just now.

In that case yes. At other places like Jamaica you can drop anchor at Rocky Shore, trek into town and buy and sell goods freely. That works great for smuggling.

Back