• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Can't change flags

Captain.Sparrow

Freebooter
Hello i got a little problem i cannot change flags :( im playing HTC storyline and im at part where i must hoist french flag and sail to martinique to talk with barbossa but i can't

Attachments

• relation.jpg
    relation.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 65
Could you change flags before? Sometimes the ability to do that is disabled for quest purposes, such as in the Standard storyline Tutorial.

Which modpack version? Do you have a savegame?

I ran into a similar problem yesterday with the latest WIP. I could change national flags fine but could not change personal flags. I just got no flags at all. Going to the world map and back fixed it as well as going into port and then back to sea.

I ran into a similar problem yesterday with the latest WIP. I could change national flags fine but could not change personal flags. I just got no flags at all. Going to the world map and back fixed it as well as going into port and then back to sea.
Do you mean that in the Nations Relations Interface, you could not click on the check box next to personal flag but COULD click on the national ones?
Or did clicking ON your personal flag not open the dialog box to choose a different design for your flag? If so, did the same also not work for your pirate flag?

Im palying beta 3.3 yes i could change flags before i think it's happend after i meet Beckett but when i go to old saves there are the same problem and in other storylines there are the same problem but when i start new game problem are gone

If it is indeed deliberately disabled for quest purposes, which seems to be the case, then indeed it is locked altogether.
Main question then is: When did it stop working? That probably was for a reason, but it needed to be reset at some point which probably failed to happen.

I mean I went into the relations interface and could change national flags by checking the box. That worked fine. I could also change between national and my personal flag fine.

When I clicked on my personal flag to change it the one I chose never appeared. A map change did bring it back.

So it is a old game related problem and not a new game problem? Defrag? That is always my first option when a game goes wonky.

I mean I went into the relations interface and could change national flags by checking the box. That worked fine. I could also change between national and my personal flag fine.

When I clicked on my personal flag to change it the one I chose never appeared. A map change did bring it back.
So changing the look of your personal flag didn't actually update? If you do that in 3D Sailing Mode, then I know there are some limitations in place.
In any case, your issue resolved itself so that shouldn't be a big problem. It is also a separate issue from the one Captain.Sparrow reported.

So it is a old game related problem and not a new game problem? Defrag? That is always my first option when a game goes wonky.
It must have happened at some part during the Jack Sparrow storyline, which suggests it is on purpose and not a random fluke.
What we need to know is at WHAT point so that we can figure out for which purpose it was and reset it again afterwards.

Note that you cannot change flags while in a battle or for any other reason cannot go onto the worldmap.
If that doesn't apply to you, try executing this line through PROGRAM\console.c:
Code:
bChangeNation = true;
See here for further explanation on how to do that: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/modding-tips-tricks.24942/
That might set things back to normal.

Otherwise, are you playing on Iron Man Mode or with WORLDMAP_DISABLED by any chance?

The bChangeNation trick? Admittedly quite odd; I searched through the JackSparrow storyline folder and couldn't find anywhere that is changed.
As far as I can tell, it is set to false ONLY for the tutorial and nowhere else. Ever. o_O

Anyway... SOLVED!

Back