• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can't find Edward Low and his SeaWolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it is a bug then? well in that case im using the COAS combined mod version 2.. since im playing it back all over again, im not gonna do that quest 1st.. hahaha

The quest works fine just the ship you pick ie Sloop, Lugger doesn't work. I have done more testing and the Bermuda Sloop will also trigger the log update so i would say for anyone who is using the combined mod to look for and purchase a Bermuda Sloop and park it up till your ready to do this quest then you are free to do the Bermuda upgrades which do not effect the quest log update (i tested that out just in case) as you first enter Cumana waters in any of the following ships the log will automatically update to start searching for Esward Law.

Tartan
War Tartan
Gunboat
Bermuda Sloop

I'm thinking that the problem is the quest since you don't need to speak with the tavern owner for the log entery to update but also if you get the log entery to update as you enter the Cumana water's you can't leave ie, enter the city or go to world map because it updates the logbook again saying you failed the quest. I tested changing ship speeds thinking this could be what stops the log entery from updating when in a ship like the tavern owner say's, Sloop or Lugger. I have lowered the ship speeds to be that of the vanilla value's and based all ships we ported into COAS to be similar to that of the vanilla ship speeds, but this has not effected the ships at all, the other thing that might be why this is happening is the quest is using a value rather than ship names to decide what ships are used for this quest (not tested yet) if that is the case and i will test this out today, then that explains why since adding the ported ships why the quest will not update as it should when using the right ship types.

Thanks for you effort :onya

Now everyone who has trouble doing this quest knows exactly what to do!!
:bow

No problem bud. :onya

As suspected its nothing that has been changed in the quests files, its the ported ships, they work but as we added more ships it pushed some ships down the order so this bug isn't just in combined mod v1 to current its in the JS combined mod aswell, in fact thats where the bug started from because the Bermuda Sloop was introduced in that mod which pushed the Sloop and Lugger down. See this topic in the COAS Combined Mods Bug Forum for more information on the test.

Now I understand a little the problem of Cpt. Solo.
I never had problems because I have always used the game in a basic version without mods and patches. :shrug
No offense to the creators of the mods. :rolleyes:

giocoso you could have two installed 1 with mods and 1 without, thats what i have done but i only use the base game version for searching for what has been changed in each file so i'm aware of it and how it was done. It would be best to wait for V3 though because it fixes many things and improves the ship rates, not to mention you get over 90 ships to battle against and many more cannon/culverine calibures to use. But its up to you, personally i could never play the base game now because i'm too spoilt with what improvements have been made in mods.

Cpt. Solo, i have fixed the problem for V3 i will make it so that more ships can be used in the quest but the ships will only be 0 to 16 guns as is the case with the base game, it just means you can use a further array of ships. I will give a detailed list of ships available after i have made the changes needed. Once that is all done i will make the changes for V2 and reupload the V2 vanilla and RTBL patches. Thank you for helping us with this bug. :onya

giocoso you could have two installed 1 with mods and 1 without....
I could say I'm a pure, and I use only original games... :rolleyes:
The reality is that i have difficulty in the applying patches and modifications, and everything related to use non standard of the PC ... :eek:ops :shrug

Yes CMV3 is a must have, alot has changed since CMV2 and there respective patches. For one example here's the fix for the Vanill patch I have changed the ships speeds, they might not match the changes made to CMV3 but the changes i have made means the ships will sail slower than in the old CMV2 Vanilla patch, i have included the CMV3 cannon changes so that you can have better battles, some cannons have had there damage multiplier increased no value's for the cannons have been changed to make the battles last longer.

As for CMV3, the changes i have made for the RTBL mod is nothing big, this time the damage multiplier has not been changes, the only changes are ships mast damage which means you will not demast a ship as quick as the vanilla but you will still demast a ship much faster than in previous versions of RTBL, the crew damage multiplier has been reduced a little so that you can't kill most crew in a single broadside but you can still kill enough to make a dent in what ever amount of crew they do have onboard. Thats all the changes for RTBL, so i'm thinking that if everyone likes the new changes that we won't need RTBL and a Vanilla mods which would save alot of time and editing. I'm actually happy with the changes made and think its a nice ballance, yes low calibure cannons will do little damage to the ships hull but if you think about it the base game offered cannons from 12IBS we now have 4,6,8,10 and then 12IBS so its only obvious that the lower calibures would do less. But the 12IBS will still do the same damage as they would in the base game as will all original calibures. From a single broadside of 6, 24IBS cannons i managed to take at least 100hp off a class 4 ship of course the closer and better your gunnery skills are the better the resaults as is the same in the base game, the higher the calibure the more damage you can do with single broadsides. I feel the changes i have made are more of fixes for one part of the game that was far too easy, killing crew and demasting ships, you can still get that lucky shot which takes a mast out from a single broadside so i haven't made it hard just made it more true to life or as true as i think it should be. No ships hp value's have been changed from the old CMV2 Vanilla patch i don't think they are different from CMV3 because i think CMV3 is based off the CMV2 Vanilla patch anyway.

Ive got GoF v1.2 ...and im experiencing the exact same issue as Capt Solo was...seriously its a major questline and it still hasnt been addressed? Is there anyone who can give us an insight into editing the script so we can give ourselves the update in the logbook that allows us to search for him...

Also ive tried absolutely everything mentioend previously, including using Tartan, Bermuda Sloop etc etc...

Surely theres a patch somewhere

Wow, way to necro a thread there :pirate07:

Please start a new thread stating your problem, you can link back or quote things from this one if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back