• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Can't find the build mod download page...

Shieldmaiden

Gunner Officer
Hey guys, sorry for my ignorance but I can't find the download page, althought I pressed the "Downloads" tag and I got kinda lost there, so it will be great if someone can place a link here below his comment to the Build Mod download page :)

Thanks yall

That doesn't have a working download link anymore though since the forum upgrade.

The latest download is indeed in the Downloads section. Think of it as a treasure hunt! :pirates

And THAT is why I don't like posting links in many different locations; when something changes, you have to update EVERYTHING.
And I just can't do that when I'm not at home. And even at home, it's STILL a pain.

Yeah, I can see the difficulty with keeping all links working and up-to-date. You should have seen how many links I changed in the FAQ when the forum was upgraded. :shock
What do you reckon we should do to make it clearer where to download the mod?

I've been wondering for some time if we should exclusively use the ModDB for distribution of official releases and not bother having links on the forum at all.
Would be easiest for sure and easier is clearer. Right?

As long as we make it clear somewhere that ModDB is the place to go to download the mod.
However, there was a discussion earlier about download speeds varying, so an alternative to ModDB such as the Dropbox link would still be a good idea to maintain somewhere.

We could maintain the mirrors, but have them posted in the ModDB download description so it's all together there. Then add a link to the ModDB page in our Downloads section?

Back