• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can't get the Black Pearl

richardhell

Landlubber
Hi,

I finished the main quest, and i captured the balck pearl but each time i went to the ransack menu the quest book is updated - i know it because i can ear th little bell - and the end quest movie starts closing the ransack menu inthe process so i can't swap ship or assign a capitain to the Black Pearl :shrug

Is there a way to have time to ransack the Black Pearl by making the ending movie start later - or not start at all - so i can do my little business??

It's really frustrating not to be able to get this ship... :facepalm

Thx

Congratulations! :bow :drunk

The end is touchy and does not always work properly. A year ago it wasn't working well, but last November it worked for me. You may have to do it several times before the end works for you. This thread discusses it. http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/15441-main-quest-broken-at-cozumel/

I think that's a bit of a bug there; the movie shows DURING the interface but we want it AFTER it.
Please post it on the bug tracker. Not sure yet how to fix it but there must be a way! :whipa

Well, i found a solution to my problem, but i think that's not the best thing to do... In fact there is a 5s delay programed befor the start of the EndQquest Movie, and i turn it to 120s that gave me time to swap ship and finally ge the Black pearl :cheeky but of course i don't think that is the solution you should use in the definitive code. Anyway that was fine for me ;)

There's also a little problem i think you should look at because i think there's not too much work to do to fix it: the animist medaillon remains in the inventory after finishing the mefisto quest... not really a problem but it would be nicer and more logical if it sisapears at the end of the quest - and for me it means i finally could sort my stuff in the inventory (well i'm kind of maniac, i know :wp ).

Or else the game is pretty cool, i regret that you can't talk to npc's after you took them as officers, in fact it's not a big problem but you can't fire them when you wish to cause there's no dialogue for that and you have to get them killed to get ride of them (that's what i've done with de massa cause there's no way i can have an officer wearing red pyjamas xD: )

i thought too that may be it would be a solution to make Voysey die after the part with the doctor, something like Nathaniel Hawk speaks to self "voysey didn't make it but he told me his secret and gave me the location of a treasure...", it would add to the drama and solve the problem of the restarting quest...

Anyway, you all done a real great work and don't think of that propositions as criticisme but only as feedback from a very pleased user :yes

ho, just one more thing about profile interface, it seems that you can't jump from one profile to another, i'm thinking of that because i'mgonna do another quest now (certainly jack sparow's) and when i tried once there was no option to switch from one quest to another. i solved the problem by moving the saves of the quest i didn't wanna play to another folder and it works for me...

but anyway, that's minor problems compare to the great job you've done...

Cheers Mates :cheers

P.S.: and is that possible to change my profile cause i'm not a "landlubber", i sail since i'm five an even have a sailing teacher diploma :keith

Cheers Mates :cheers

P.S.: and is that possible to change my profile cause i'm not a "landlubber", i sail since i'm five an even have a sailing teacher diploma :keith

Click on My Settings ( next to your name at the top of page ) -> click on Profile - in section profile information you can put a customized Members Title to override the automatically generated one.

( the automatic one will change the more posts you make )

:drunk

You can't change your title until you get a certain number of posts on the forum (don't remember how much).
But as Talisman says, if you post more, it'll change automatically.
I'm probably one of the only people (if not THE only one) that has a title below his avatar that happens to be his real-life one rather than the forum one.
Other people just have all sorts of random stuff there. :razz

As for the lack of dialog with quest-hired officers, that is easily rectified with two lines of code:
Code:
			Characters[GetCharacterIndex("-- ID OF CHARACTER --")].dialog.filename = "Enc_Officer_dialog.c";
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("-- ID OF CHARACTER --")].dialog.CurrentNode = "hired";
The only challenge is finding a place in the quest code from where on the character will no longer need his storyline dialog.
If anyone would be willing to do this, it'd be much appreciated and would be quite an improvement. :yes

Also, you SHOULD be able to switch between quests and profiles in the menu; that's weird. :wacko:

Thanks Pieter for the officer's code, i'll try to insert it somewhere but as i already finished the quest i don't know if it would be helpfull to you if i succeed...

And for the profile menu, sorry, my mistake, it's just that you could not use it if you already loaded a save, same thing as new game button...

And, that's true that i'm a little jalouse of all the nice titles you have under your avatar, but for the moment "landlubber" is fine for me, it was just a joke, and i don't want to flood your convivial forum for that ;)

If you'd be willing to look at good places in the various quests to put the officer dialog code, it definitely WOULD be helpful! :shock

I'm probably one of the only people (if not THE only one) that has a title below his avatar that happens to be his real-life one rather than the forum one.
That's probably because some of us don't have real-life titles like you do... :rolleyes:
That, or because, like me, some can't be bothered to think of anything better than the forum titles. :razz

That's probably because some of us don't have real-life titles like you do... :rolleyes:
That, or because, like me, some can't be bothered to think of anything better than the forum titles. :razz

Craiggo hasn't got room to put his U.S.Navy title under his avatar xD:

That's unfortunate! xD: Character limits are a pain.

Back