• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Can't save game

frigate1805

Powder Monkey
:ahoy I've got another annoying problem. I can't save the game for some reason, no matter where I am or what I'm doing, it always says "you can't save now!". Is there a way to fix that? I still have the game running right now and I don't want to lose my progress. Thanks!

:ahoy I've got another annoying problem. I can't save the game for some reason, no matter where I am or what I'm doing, it always says "you can't save now!". Is there a way to fix that? I still have the game running right now and I don't want to lose my progress. Thanks!

Can you use Quick Save - F4 ?

Do you have too many files in the save folder ( the game has a limit on the number of saves ) try deleting some old saves.

Are you in a storyline where something is about to happen - so the game won't let you save till this event has happened. - Possibly

Are you still in combat mode with a ship / person - game won't let you save in combat mode - I think

:drunk

Is it possible to change the fact that you can't save during a battle? Cause it's really pissing me off when I'm having a big battle with 5-10 ships and after I've played a lot of time to sink/capture half of them the game crashes and I'll have to do the battle all over again!

Yes I have, and even though it's more stable in sea battles now (especially with small ships like class 5 and below) it's still crashing with class 4 and higher ships. If I'm lucky, it may CTD only once in a big battle. If not, I may have to replay the same battle more than 5 times.

So what I suggest is, if it would be possible to make wuick saveing during battles either an optional download, or a switch in Advanced Game Opltions.

Not to mention that in CoAS, it AUTOMATICALLY saves every time prior to a grapling operation so you can replay the battle every time till you capture the ship! That, is considered a cheat in my opinion!

Back