• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can't sneak into Rheims' house

McCoy

Landlubber
I'm doing the main quest part where you've to catch Rheims, and I followed his trace to the Smugglers' Lair. But, I can't get into Rheims' house trough the side secret door, not during the day, nor the night. I don't know what to do! There's something else I have to do? Or is it some bug? How can I tweak the game so the side door will be open?

Thanks mateys! ;)

I Killed everyone in town too. No result :p

I think there's something wrong with the locators or the files or something. I've checked the Programlocationsinitconceicaio.c file and there are two references to something related to Rheims: "Rheims' House" and "Rheims' House Window". But in the game, I only get "Rheim's House in smugglers lair", both in the door and in the supposed window. I think that I should get "Rheim's House window in smugglers lair" in the house's side location. So I think that's why it's locked: the engine takes the window for the door, so it's locked. Is this a bug? Or I'm wrong and it's something else? And finally, how can a fix it, there's some workaround? What's the variable I have to change to unlock a door in the game? I think that'd be enough...

my way works .......
go to door knock on it .....
talk to guard, kill guard, kill all smugglers, go through door,
pick up letter/docs. get attacked by to guards, kill guards,
go out, kill all smugglers, go to jungle, kill all robbers, go to outskirts, kill all robbers, go to town, kill all guards, stay and kill some more guards, go to harbour, kill all guards, stay and kill some more guards,
go to ship, kill everybody on the way, get to ship, shoot at fort while getting away, attack friendly ships, bord and kill them all.
btw. do not come back to town for a while..........
this works, i have newer found any secret wayz into raims forsaken house ...........

I just follow the parole, KILL 'EM ALL..........
if you get confused .......... KILL 'EM ALL..........
if stalled/crashed ... reload and ........KILL 'EM ALL..........
if NPC are stupid, alike saying MISTER to a LADY ...... KILL 'EM ALL..........
xD: ;)

I killed everyone again, no soul walking, just me, and the door is still closed... :x :x :x maybe I'll have to pick a crowbar... to break my computer! ;)

Did it, and stiil closed :yes

Please, some modder, I need the code snippet for unlocking a door! I think that would be enough to continue the quest...

Check your Quest Log to see if there are any hints there - go back at night and walk around to the side of the house where there are no doors...

(or am I getting this confused with another quest?) :yes

aye Cat, that IS right...its on the right of the house, it dont look like anything is there, its just a bare wall...go to the right side of the house and sooner or later ull find that lock/unlocked icon up top you can enter that way. :yes

Yep, I know that, but whant I mean is that the door AND the side "secret" door are ALWAYS closed, no matter if it's day or night.

My last quest entry sais that I got to know that Rheims headed to Conceinçao make a deal with the smugglers' chief, so I think I'm on the right place at this part of the quest.

I went to him, but he just tell me to get the hell out of his house, because he doesn't have anything to tell me. And I only have the option to say OK.

IIRC that part of the quest was started by a guy accosting you outside of the Conceicao tavern after you've talked to the barkeep about Rheims. He then leads you directly to the smuggler leader's house at the lair who then tells you about Rheims.

Did you actually speak to the barkeep and leave the tavern through the door and not fast travel from the tavern?

Back