• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

can't write to config.exe (or something)

soundcreepy

Landlubber
My problem seems to be two-fold :(

First I can't run the config.exe program. Get that engine.ini or options file missed error. Can run the game fine, so go to controls, default it, and still not luck. Then after I decided that the game looks good enough and Im ok with the default controls, I go to install b14_beta1_full and it gives me the error Can't write to config.exe with abort, retry, or ignore. Would it be safe to ignore that message or would something blow up later? Ive played this mod before, decided to uninstall the game, and of course now that I want to come back everything is wonky.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Win 7 64bit SP1
Install path = C:\POTC
GTX 460

:gday

You should not touch config.exe. It's worse than useless for modern systems. Instead go to engine.ini to set your screen resolution and enable error logging.

In fact if you are going to install the mod, just run the stock game long enough to make sure it works and then install B14.

That's a weird one. Still, if it's only Config.exe, you should be able to ignore it. The game doesn't require that file to run.

ok, ill give it a shot then. may re-install somewhere else and see if I can get config.exe working though first.

thanks for the help

UPDATE: Reinstalled to D: and now it works like a charm, haven't tried installing the mod just yet but im sure that will be fine :)

Back