• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Cargo Delivery: Pirate Settlement and Failed Quests

Bladirus

Landlubber
Ahoy!
I've took a job to deliver cargo (192 Paprica) from Pueto Rico to the pirate settlement. When I arrived and talk to Kate Blowhorn (the Shop owner) I have no possiblity to give her the cargo! Please help
(Storyline: The Bucaneer)

Pirate shop owner, eh? Does she tell you to "get out" instead? What is your reputation?
I think I might know what's going on: Pirates don't like nice guys and won't trade above Matey .
If you can confirm that is the case, I'll see if we can fix it so that you still can deliver cargo.

I can talk to her and ask her for goods also. But when I want to talk private matters there is no way to say that I'm the guy with her paprica!

Nah I got it by loading a savegame before accapting the job. I assume that only the deliver jobs to the pirate settlement may be bugged. I will try again when I find a quest.
btw I really enjoy your mod! Nice work you've done there!

Do you still have that savegame? I'd like to check to be sure.
If it is a Pirate Settlement problem, then it is a genuine bug that needs fixing.

Here you are.
Well now I got a problem with smuggleing.
I bought some tabacco and offered it the smuggler in Hispaniola. He said he wants to meet me at the shore called "Boca de Hubon" but when I'm landing there I cant see any guy who wants to take my goods!

Attachments

• -=Free2p=- Nevis.7z
    431.8 KB · Views: 80
Yea i got the same problem with the pirate settlement. A part of dialog might be missing or something.

I checked the appropriate dialog file; the code for it IS there. Anyway, I'll check.

HA! Problem found and fixed. Extract attached to PROGRAM\DIALOGS . This will allow you to deliver the cargo just fine.

You only get missions to the Pirate Settlement if the game cannot find a different destination for the intended trade nation.
However, when you do get this one, the nation isn't updated, so that the delivery town ID and nation no longer match up, causing a problem.
I fixed this by simply removing the nation check for delivery altogether: If you ARE in the correct town, that is good enough for me!

I've also applied this fix to all other merchant dialogs, which will fix the problem globally.
This will be in the next modpack update I release.

Attachments

• Kate Blowhorn_dialog.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 101
I bought some tabacco and offered it the smuggler in Hispaniola. He said he wants to meet me at the shore called "Boca de Hubon" but when I'm landing there I cant see any guy who wants to take my goods!
I'm not at all sure of that one. As far as I knew, Talisman had fixed the smugglers quite a while ago. :shock

As I hear it, the smuggling needs some looking at. No clue when I might have time for that.
My To-Do list is getting larger and larger and I'm not even getting around to the stuff I REALLY need to get done for it. :facepalm

The merchant at Governors Harbor is often reluctant to accept cargo. I just keep repeating the dialog until he accepts it.

I have been doing smuggling with no problems besides being caught. The smuggling missions are on a time limit so don't dawdle!

I was there but nobody shows up on the meeting point so I went back to the tavern where the smuggler keep telling me that I am still in business with them.

Must have been the random quest glitch then.

Let me know if it happens again. And if you use the Beta 3 Progress code, let me know if you ever see any quest-related error message appear on the screen.

HA! It took some doing (and a LOT of search-and-replace), but the Cargo Quests are finally working properly as far as I can tell.
Delivery no longer depends on town nationality, so you can complete the ones to the pirates too.
And if you exceed the time limit, you can now still complete the quest. The cargo will be taken from you, but you won't gain money or XP.
However, you CAN get another quest afterwards. So it doesn't break the whole system anymore. :woot

Back