• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP "Caribbean!" - Single and Multi-Player Game

Hey everyone, I've been helping them work on the game since August. You all may know me as the modder of Sword of Damocles: Warlords. Working on Caribbean is one of the main reasons my mod has been on hold. Let me know your thoughts on the project; much of what I wanted to add to the project myself is out of my control though I do hope to help enhance the game further.

Saw the video uploaded to youtube yesterday.
Didn't realise quite how much it would be like M&B, looks more like a mod than a different game :p

Regardless it looks good, sadly don't think I can really afford to buy into it just yet :(

The english download-version i found in a german forum has only 580 MB. If that is the correct size of the game, it seems to be very small for a RPG :confused:

Man, I lost a LOT of time to SoD:W. That was a great mod!

I bought Caribbean! just because I have lost several hundred hours to M&B and want to support a good developer. Besides, I can already see the modders will be going to work on it and tweaking things to make it even better.

Can you please be so kind and tell the me the size of your DVD after receiving, because i would also order it if the size is larger than the one that i found out. For me it must have some GB and not MB.

Still not very much for a RPG but maybe i give it a try by the time :unsure

Meanwhile i found out that Caribbean! is a Sandbox game without a Storyline where you have to build up your own thing. That explains the small size and is not my Taste. I was waiting for Raven´s Cry which is again delayed to October this year. That´s typical for interesting pirate games :facepalm

Last edited:
Okay take mount and blade base and add ships and land warfare. You can upgrade ships, you can fight for pirates or England/Spain/France. Get troops of various types at any port locations. The ship combat is fun and you can board other ships and that combat is intense. You can upgrade your guns ships wise, and can also take prisoners. Depending on your allegiance to what ever faction you get friendly with you will get hunted by other factions so naval combat is constant unless your ships outclass those of the enemy.

Do you know if there are any preview articles or stuff like that? I'm quite curious how this game works out.

I have played a few hours of it over the weekend (was sick sunday so I laid around and played a few games for ideas). Play is very similar to M&B: Warband in that you can own your own towns and villages, manage them, appoint officials, build buildings, etc. There are a couple more features added in with giving 'special orders' in the towns but most of it harkens back to Warband. It still has a few bugs and there are a lot of tweaks that need to happen yet, but it is shaping up nicely. I imagine once the build is stable that modders will go at it and bring in a lot of the features that things like SoD had in it.

How is the pirate-based gameplay? And the sea battles?
Did they manage to include any sort of waves?

No waves, no weather. Pirate based play is just like any other nation. 'Brotherhood of the Coast' is a nation and they have faction relations just like the others.

The sea battles are marginal at best. You can switch cannon shot types (ball, shot, chain), and sail setting (none, 1, 2, 3) the ships sort of respond to wind (just direction/speed with slight slowdown when closing on into the wind). All ships seem to be the same speed regardless of size. For boarding you just get close and hold a key to start the process. Once you board it goes to a new level with two representative ships of that size (not specific ships, just large/med/small side by side).

Hmm.... That sounds ever so slightly less advanced than PotC. :confused:

Still, owning and managing towns is a cool feature! :cheers

I could see a CE version of this game in probably a year, maybe 1.5 using current assets from PoTC (at that level of detail). With the same loading screen points and division of the game so we could reuse a lot of levels for different places. It really is a simple game style.

As first edition of HoO, you mean? That would be quite an incredible achievement! :shock

Back