• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed CastelF crew

Hylie Pistof

Curmudgeon
QA Tester
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
My alpha version of this ship did not have a crew although walk files were created.

With this new EXE today I hoped that was repaired and got the CastelF immediately to see how she looks.

Still no crew. The problem is most likely in the shipsinit.c.

I am sailing the red Spanish one but that should make no difference. The only difference between them are some textures used on the hull GM. So it has to be something in my install.

To clarify, I have a full crew of 95, but no one is on deck when sailing.

To clarify, I have a full crew of 95, but no one is on deck when sailing.
Full crew on the french is 77. And yes, there is no one deck when sailing, but I just boarded a ship and they was
involved in the fight. On the other side my master of arms wont fight.o_O

The base crew size is 85 so it can vary from there. The most I have seen is 99 crew and the least so far is 91 crew.

I found out how to get crew on deck. In Shipsinit.c I added this line between refship.all and refshipSname.
refship.walk = "CastelF";

Now I have crew walking around on deck. No I do not understand why this is needed. I just copied that line from another ship entry.

Also, since this is a Brigantine i changed its rigging type from Lug = Lugger to Btn = Brigantine. This should make it faster with the wind and slower against the wind, but I have not actually tried it yet.

Here is my new shipsinit.c.

Attachments

• Ships_init.c
    765.1 KB · Views: 94
That line should not have been needed if I read the code correctly at the top of the shipsinit.c. But whatever works..........:sparrow

That line should not have been needed if I read the code correctly at the top of the shipsinit.c. But whatever works..........:sparrow
Yes, it should. Otherwise how would the game know what walk file should be used for that ship?
Maybe if the ship ID is equal to the walk file name. But that wasn't the case anymore.

Back