• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

cave_ship

Oh, btw, Pieter, torches doesn't light, becouse I remooved them. That's cave-shore and hideout. If torches will light in night, they could be seen from the see... Not really hideout stile, Yes?

In that case, should we maybe remove the torches too?
If they're not there, it doesn't matter that they're not alight either. ;)

Certainly. Once I'm done with all the pennant work for the Different Flags mod,
I'll continue with my loading screens project. I'll make a screen for your location then too. :doff

Making a loading screen is actually really easy: we've got the template for the new style on the FTP.
All you need to do is make a screenshot to use, stick it on the template, change the text and save.

http://piratesahoy.net/build/temp/%2B%20TEMPLATE%20Loading%20Screen.7z
http://piratesahoy.net/build/temp/Font%20Name%20Dolphin.zip

I'm just reusing this thread for a bit. I just noticed this code in the standard storyline case "Story_VoyageToKhaelRoaBegan":
Code:
			Islands[FindIsland("KhaelRoa")].model = "KhaelRoa1";
Islands[FindIsland("KhaelRoa")].filespath.models = "islands\KhaelRoa1"; 
Islands[FindIsland("KhaelRoa")].refl_model = "KhaelRoa1_refl";
This seems to be used to enable access to the Khael Roa shore; otherwise you can't sail through.
HOWEVER, this is also done in Reinit_KhaelRoa() that is executed upon a new game start.
This sort-of defeats the purpose of the mystical access that only opens up when you're supposed to go there.
Additionally, since the Reinit_KhaelRoa function seems to be made to be able to update the island during the game,
what about removing Reinit_KhaelRoa from start new game and execute it in the standard storyline only AFTER the main quest?
I *think* that should work.

In other storylines, we could perform the Reinit_KhaelRoa() code straight away,
so you can immediately use Cozumel as a hideout.

I don't know... I don't care... Do it... That's storyline specific...

And if we're already mentioning everything...
caveshipinside01.jpg

caveshipinside02.jpg

One quick question, SuperDurnius - about that brown hull texture for Black Pearl: is it mine, or did you make a new one? (To be honest, I don't recall my texture looking that good :shrug)

You mean in the actual cave_ship location that's currently in the modpack
and not the brown as seen on SuperDurnius' screenshots above?
SuperDurnius put the Black Pearl stern in that cave and
Thomas the Terror did the texture work on her to be brown instead of black.
It's not the Wicked Wench texture that's used. :no

Anyway, it's not mine texture :) Is there any way I can get it (preferably without downloading the whole modpack)? Because, like I said, to be honest, it looks better than mine (more uniform colors, for example) :onya

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/14139-cave-ship/page__view__findpost__p__338402

Thanks, both to you and Thomas :)

edit: OK, so I'm blind - this is my texture, only with some changes :shrug Um... never mind then. Carry on :)

Seems you're a better texture artist than you would believe yourself, eh? :rofl

Back