• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cayman Smugglers Not Appearing On Beach. Bug?

ClysmiC

HoO Team Member
Programmer
Provisional
Using Build 14.5: I am trying to smuggle coffee into Cayman, so I talked to the smuggler in the tavern. He told me to meet him at Ender's Rock (or something like that). I went there, and there was no one there to give the goods to. Confused, I went back to Cayman, entered the tavern, and talked to him again to see if he would tell me to "finish one transaction before starting another." But apparently, the game must not have recognized that I was already trying to do a transaction, as he said I could meet him on Sandy Bluff to give him the goods. I went to Sandy Bluff to see if he would be there, but nope. No one was there. Then I went back and he told me to meet him at Ender's Rock again. I think the game is forgetting that I've talked to the smugglers or something... I think its a bug.

EDIT: Odd, they were at Sandy Bluff when I went back there after talking to the guy the third time...

Sometimes when you talk to someone the game doesn't remember that it happened. When you finish your conversation you should hear a "bing" and the quest book should be updated. You should also see a feather in the lower left corner of your screen. If those things don't happen, then the conversation didn't get recorded. :facepalm Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Alright :wp Although I don't think smuggling is recorded in the quest book :mm I'll just make sure to talk to him until he tells me to "finish one piece of business before starting another." That way I'll know the game remembered the convo

Its not quest, so there will be no sound nor journal entry (I remember cursing it, cause sometimes I get into some difficult fights and forget where exactly I should meet them).

But it looks bugged overall, not for some islands only. Which is understandable, since, I guess, its not coded for individual islands, is it?
On some smugler says I should meet his comrades at 'error' - not very helpful dude (lucky for me, some of them have one shore anyway).
But I got similar problem on Jamaica last time - first they told me to meet at Devils Throat, and after I barely managed to slip by rocks under fire of pirate cannons turns out smugglers arent there. Second time he says they'll waint on Rocky Shore. Bingo.

I always make quicksave right before talking to smuggler. (well, probably most people does anyway, just to not get caught)

I stand corrected. :eek:ops2 I don't smuggle, so assumed it would be recorded in the quest book. :j3 Is there some randomness built into smuggling? I know one needs a lot of luck to be a good smuggler.

Meeting locations are random and there is a chance of soldiers appearence.
I have no idea how are prices calculated (is commerce influent?)

Back