• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Changing char stats after starting a new game?

Ferdish

Powder Monkey
Hi guys, I'd like to ask if it's possible to change character stats during game? I'm almost at the end of the game now and figured out that I distributed my stat points stupidly (I really don't need luck at 10). Is there a way to change it? I think hex editor could be the way, but have no idea what file to edit and what bytes on what line to change.

HEX Editor? You don't need to do THAT! :shock

Which modpack are you using? With most of the latest ones, if you talk to a priest ingame, he can allow you to reassign your point in mid-game.
Alternatively, it is possible to use the console to set your skills to whatever you want.

Ah, that does make it a whole lot more difficult. There is no priest there to help you and no console either. :facepalm

We could add a line of code to set your skills the way you want them in the dialog file of a character you can talk to.
How do you want your skills set up?

Oh... and which island are you on? So I can put the code in the dialog of a character near you.

Open for example PROGRAM\DIALOGS\claudio burrieza_dialog.c (Isla Muelle tavern owner) and see if you can find this at the top of the file:
Code:
    ref PChar = GetMainCharacter();
Below this, add:
Code:
    pchar.skill.Leadership = 10;
    pchar.skill.Fencing = 10;
    pchar.skill.Sailing = 1;
    pchar.skill.Accuracy = 1;
    pchar.skill.Cannons = 1;
    pchar.skill.Grappling = 1;
    pchar.skill.Repair = 10;
    pchar.skill.Defence = 1;
    pchar.skill.Commerce = 4;
    pchar.skill.Sneak = 1;
Now, as soon as you talk to Alan Milds, your skills should be set to the ones written above. I hope that helps. :doff

BTW: I'd highly recommend you try our mods when you get the chance. They add a LOT to the game indeed! :woot

Mods for PotC are awesome, certainly I will try some of them, but I'd like to finish vanilla first. It was really painful experience to make this game work on my NB with Intel graphic card. Swiftshader helps, but only with DirectX 8 support. Game was laggy, slow and crashing permanently when I tried to leave the dock/moor during daytime :mad:. But it came a redemption in form of Intel graphic fix made by amplificar :). Now game runs smoothly and I'm gonna enjoy it till the end!!!

You managed to get almost all the way to the end of the game on an Intel computer? Good to hear; congratulations! :onya

Back