• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Character Interface: Player Salary instead of Crew Money

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
Using the Save posted by @Mirsaneli here :- Medium Priority - Jack Sparrow: Cannot Talk to Nevis Pirate Leader | PiratesAhoy!

The F2> Character screen for the player shows a "Player Salary" of 7,149 :unsure

while the player is carrying gold of 738,144 :shock

Has the F2> character screen changed?
I thought the figure shown on the F2 > character screen was the amount of gold the player was carrying. :shrug

Have I misunderstood / missed something in all the updates that have been happening. ? :yes

Or is this to do with "Divide the Plunder" that I don't normally use.

I am a bit confused o_O

:shrug

Attachments

• PotC JS Player Salary_1.jpg
    PotC JS Player Salary_1.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 151
  • PotC JS Player Salary_2.jpg
    PotC JS Player Salary_2.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 145
Using the Save posted by @Mirsaneli here :- Medium Priority - Jack Sparrow: Cannot Talk to Nevis Pirate Leader | PiratesAhoy!

The F2> Character screen for the player shows a "Player Salary" of 7,149 :unsure

while the player is carrying gold of 738,144 :shock

Has the F2> character screen changed?
I thought the figure shown on the F2 > character screen was the amount of gold the player was carrying. :shrug

Have I misunderstood / missed something in all the updates that have been happening. ? :yes

Or is this to do with "Divide the Plunder" that I don't normally use.

I am a bit confused o_O

:shrug
I don't actually use "Divide the Plunder". And I don't know why is that displayed like that. All I know is that when I want to check my gold, I press F2, then I go to Ship section. There is all the gold I'm carrying.

I don't actually use "Divide the Plunder". And I don't know why is that displayed like that. All I know is that when I want to check my gold, I press F2, then I go to Ship section. There is all the gold I'm carrying.

Agreed :onya

:drunk

Attachments

• PotC JS PlayerSalary_3.jpg
    PotC JS PlayerSalary_3.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 109
For the record, this change is NOT intentional. Must be a side-effect of other things being done.
Checking it now.... :diomed

Extract attached to PROGRAM\INTERFACE to fix.
The player now has a "salary" set too just like every other character in the game (they're now ALL officers, remember), but should (HOPEFULLY!) have no impact on anything.

That being said, PLEASE check the maths on your monthly salaries!
For some reason I suddenly fear that you WOULD now actually end up having to pay your own salary as if you were an officer.
Which is obviously very wrong. And would fit right in which these other bloody annoying issues of today. :thumbsdown2

Note that the attached file is based on the 29 Nov 2015 version of the file.
So this does NOT include the reverted code to restore the Auto Skill System.
I cannot say I particularly fancy making two versions of the same fix. :ko

Attachments

• character.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 76
Extract attached to PROGRAM\INTERFACE to fix.
The player now has a "salary" set too just like every other character in the game (they're now ALL officers, remember), but should (HOPEFULLY!) have no impact on anything.

That being said, PLEASE check the maths on your monthly salaries!
For some reason I suddenly fear that you WOULD now actually end up having to pay your own salary as if you were an officer.
Which is obviously very wrong. And would fit right in which these other bloody annoying issues of today. :thumbsdown2

Tested. Now I cannot open interface when I press F2. And the bad thing: I didn't make a backup of the character.c file... :modding

Tested. Now I cannot open interface when I press F2. And the bad thing: I didn't make a backup of the character.c file... :modding
I'll just quote myself:
Unless I'm very much mistaken, you aren't running that version.

if you are running the 19 November version here is a copy of the file

:doff
Tnx. I already extracted it. Unfortunately, it does not work anymore. Can't open interface. Will have to start the game from the beginning. I will download the new release and will try to test of there are bugs. Since I cannot help in coding, I can at least be a tester. :)

The list of things we need tested is by now quite big.
So any and all feedback you can provide on those, or anything else that seems relevant to you, will be very welcome as well.

After all, if nobody confirms that our code does what we think it should, progress stops right in its tracks.
Good testing is very, very important. :onya

The list of things we need tested is by now quite big.
So any and all feedback you can provide on those, or anything else that seems relevant to you, will be very welcome as well.

After all, if nobody confirms that our code does what we think it should, progress stops right in its tracks.
Good testing is very, very important. :onya

No worry, I tend to test every corner of the game. And as you know, I will report every bug that I encounter :cool:

Last edited:
No worry, I tend to test every corner of the game. And as you know, I will report every bug that I encounter :cool:
Cheers! If you get the chance, please also have a look through the Build Testing List | PiratesAhoy!
Everything shown there is stuff that we KNOW needs testing and that we require feedback on.
Some of them are quite easy to check too, but so far nobody did and so they're still open. :facepalm

I believe we can call this fixed right?

Did I miss an update? My version had the salary for me, it got changes to crew money and now it shows my salary again.

Back