• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Character LAi Group not properly restored after stunned

I saw that one time also. Methinks it was after the encounter with Clint Eastwood that one of them got that instead of the regular dialog.

That is the dialog of a stunned character. Is there a particular officer that has that dialog?
Perhaps he got stunned and didn't reset properly. I did recently rewrite that code, but I thought it should work more reliably now.
Maybe it needs some further looking at....
Its a officer named Roger Odam, and no, he was not stunned at any time. The dialog occurs after I receive my reward ship.

In that case perhaps he ended up reusing a character slot of someone who was stunned.
One way or another, a character got stunned.

Yes he did and does have the knocked out dialog. I went back later and he is still knocked out. I started Fred Bob's quest and he is still knocked out. If this is the save I want he has been hit with a poisoned throwing knife but he is immortal.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Martinique.7z
    577.2 KB · Views: 54
I'll have a look at it tomorrow; see what I can figure out on our friend there.... :wp

Indeed my earlier rewrite to this wasn't quite perfect yet. The code that restores a character after being stunned bypassed the part where the character gets his original dialog back.
It should be fixed as per the next modpack update.

Yes he did and does have the knocked out dialog. I went back later and he is still knocked out. I started Fred Bob's quest and he is still knocked out. If this is the save I want he has been hit with a poisoned throwing knife but he is immortal.
You have to execute this through console to make him talk like normal again:
Code:
  ch = CharacterFromID("Hardouin Aufort");
   ch.Dialog.Filename = "Hardouin Aufort_dialog.c";

I think just like this:

Attachments

• Udklip.PNG
    Udklip.PNG
    15.1 KB · Views: 89
You might remember that years ago I used it heavily and quickly destroyed three installs. I have been avoiding it ever since.

Anyway, done.

You might remember that years ago I used it heavily and quickly destroyed three installs. I have been avoiding it ever since.
There is no valid reason why it would mess up anything at all. If you put wrong code in there then wrong things can happen.
But with the correct code, it is the single best feature in the modpack. The amounts of things you can do with it are literally limitless.
And all it does is to execute whatever code you put in there.

Back