• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Character Menu and Fast Travel Disabelled

DocMoriarty

Powder Monkey
Since some time i can't ask new officers to show their stats anymore (The character menu is unavailable ...). Also my fast travel is disabled.

Both features are controlled by 2 attributes in InterfaceStates which are set by functions in PROGRAM\INTERFACE\interface.c which in turn are called by various quest scripts to enable/disable them.

Either there is a bug or could it be that this has been switched off by taking on the "Rescue Peter Blood Crew" quest? I picked up this quest but thought it might be good to get some levels first so i'm constantly hauling that dude around since some time.

Not really interested in checking all 157 occurances where DisableMenuLaunch() is called.

I have not done that side quest yet so can't say if it is broken or not, but at level 20 both of those things still work for me.

It must have to do with the quests somehow since the features show character menu and fast travel are constantly disabled and enabled in the context of the quests. Yet doing it that way doesn't make sense to me since it massively hinders normal gameplay.

Since the attributs are persistent in the save game i added the following to PROGRAM\Reinit.c somewhere at the bottom of the Reinit() function:

// NL -->
// If F11 is hit intentionally we reset the disabled character menu display when inspecting officers and the disabled fast travel
if(!start) {
DisableMenuLaunch(false);
DisableFastTravel(false);
}
// NL <--

This also helps with getting stuck in locations like Antigua or tavern brawls getting stuck on the stairs since i couldn't fast travel out of the situations due to that hindrance.

I just did that side quest and it worked normally. I don't know about officers stats, but I could not check Peter Blood's stats and all fast travel on land is disabled until that quest is finished in Port Royal. Fast travel is not needed anyway as the R button works just fine.

Yes, I use sometimes this code in my quests. But, there is a reason for that, of course.
In some parts, if the player uses the fast travel, he can simply break the quest...

I just did that side quest and it worked normally. I don't know about officers stats, but I could not check Peter Blood's stats and all fast travel on land is disabled until that quest is finished in Port Royal. Fast travel is not needed anyway as the R button works just fine.
This needs to be imported into PoTC:
And played any time you are walking around at x5 time or higher. xD

Back