• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Characters gain HP too fast during fights

andyandy

Sailor Apprentice
I've started a new game as Fulton. in a town/land battle, ppl just keep hacking each other and their hp replenish so fast that it just becomes endless hacking.... anyone please check?

I've started a new game as Fulton. in a town/land battle, ppl just keep hacking each other and their hp replenish so fast that it just becomes endless hacking.... anyone please check?
With which modpack version was that? I did notice "HP increasing insanely fast" last week, but @Levis made some changes to counter that.
Those changes were included in yesterday's release, so if your main menu reads "15 September" or older, please get the latest version and see if that behaves any better.

These are two related Bug Tracker entries for reference:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...or-lack-thereof-aka-ai-group-relations.20672/
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/street-merchant-hp-increasing-during-attack.25801/

Thanks! Hopefully @Levis will manage to have a look into this one on Friday.

For reference, what difficulty level are you playing at and did you change any settings?

it's on journeyman
For reference, the following things will probably speed up @Levis' checking as well:
- Open PROGRAM\Leveling.c and set the DEBUG toggle at the top to 2
- Load your save and play through the fight where the enemies' HP is increasing too quickly (don't expect good game performance for this because of all the extra logging)
- Post the resulting compile.log as attachment here.

if an character levels up the HP will be restored (I could remove that function).
I think they are still leveling up to quickly because of level differences...
I've added a cap already to make sure they wont gain XP to quickly but maybe this cap has to be reduced a bit more.

my hp is replenishing quickly as well (whenever i hit an enermy, it got full) as for my opponents... what's going on? it's just endless hacking that achieves nothing, everyone got full hp when they land a hit. please fix this....

How am I supposed to retrace your steps with that save? There are no civilians around to observe as it is night and there are only soldiers. :confused:

I did do some hacking away at them but don't remember seeing that.
But this was after the new update and I was very busy so didn't look into it very much.

I'll be away from my game until Monday now. Hopefully Levis will manage to sort this one out soon.

the problem seems to be solved with the latest update. thank you :)
Thanks! I tried one last time to confirm it as well and the game behaved quite fine.
@Jason also reported that it is OK now, so "Fixed" it is! :cheers

I included that into the latest EXE just now. Who knows.... perhaps that is actually it....?
But even if it is, wouldn't that mean that there are an INSANE number of Level-Ups being applied to NPCs during fights??? :shock
@Levis: Apparently that IS apparently it. But do NPCs Level-Up so very quickly then???
Or was ResetHP called every time you get XP added? :confused:

Ah I see I accedently took it out of the while loop so it would only be called at the end of a multiple level up (to save performace) but this ment it was called with each XP addition.
I'll put it back in the while loop. still this should indeed fix it already :).

Ah I see I accedently took it out of the while loop so it would only be called at the end of a multiple level up (to save performace) but this ment it was called with each XP addition.
Ah! That does explain a lot. :shock

Back